Sponsored

How are the bed lights supposed to be seated?

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I noticed one of my bed lights hanging out the other day. I'm guessing they must have not been placed in correctly when the bed was sprayed, I place it back in but it seems to stick out on the bottom. Can't really see how to get it to sit flush. How are these supposed to go in. Also, should I worry if any water gets in the hole for the light? I'd assume that there would be a drainage hole somewhere in there in the even any water did get in there?
Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I noticed one of my bed lights hanging out the other day. I'm guessing they must have not been placed in correctly when the bed was sprayed, I place it back in but it seems to stick out on the bottom. Can't really see how to get it to sit flush. How are these supposed to go in. Also, should I worry if any water gets in the hole for the light? I'd assume that there would be a drainage hole somewhere in there in the even any water did get in there?

It should just snap in. If it doesn't there's one of 2 possibilities. First, the bed liner may be too thick to allow it to fully seat. Second, if the people didn't remove the light correctly they may have broken it. It needs to be released from the back side by reaching up the cargo box. If they didn't and pulled on it from the front side they may have broken a retainer on the housing.

gladiatormotorsports

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gladiator-motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch
Occupation
Owner
We took ours out when we installed a DECKED system on the shop truck. When we installed them back you have to insert the top first and push up at an angle hard.

But cecca also right even the smalles amount of bedliner will mess it up

OP
OP
surge101

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
It should just snap in. If it doesn't there's one of 2 possibilities. First, the bed liner may be too thick to allow it to fully seat. Second, if the people didn't remove the light correctly they may have broken it. It needs to be released from the back side by reaching up the cargo box. If they didn't and pulled on it from the front side they may have broken a retainer on the housing.
Well that sucks... Should I be worried about water getting in there, or does it drain?

gladiatormotorsports

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gladiator-motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch
Occupation
Owner
Well that sucks... Should I be worried about water getting in there, or does it drain?
I wouldn't be worried about water getting in there. Nothing really is changing in the design of it. Took it through the car wash last week and didn't have any issues

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Water in the light hole? It would just run down and out of the body. There's nothing to stop it.
Sponsored