Sponsored

How do you plan on using your rig?

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
Sidebar: Just turned 12AM PST, so merry christmas to all who celebrate it!

Just curious as to how some of you use your current rigs or plan to use them in the future? I've been studying overlanding scene for a bit and it seems - domestically - to be populated mostly by Toyota guys. Jeep guys seem to prefer a rock crawling event and then pack it in at a hotel or go back home? It's interesting to see how different the communities are across specific brands and models.
Sponsored

Davos77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Muddying is my favorite off road activity and hope to continue that after I switch my TJ for a what's likely the JLU at some point. Not sure I'll be able to modify my JLU as much since I've gotta use it for family hauling duties too but looking forward to seeing how it compares.

Luckily I'm not far from Badlands Off Road Park so I make a muddying run with some college buddies and their Jeeps at least a few times a year.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to build an Overland vehicle. Its also why I have been looking at Ford Raptors and Ram 2500s ..... but I keep going back to the JLT as it should have better fuel economy and be more compact for getting deeper in trails, but the trade offs will be most likely comfort on the hwy and in the cab.

OP
OP
Cal_JLU

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
I'm looking to build an Overland vehicle. Its also why I have been looking at Ford Raptors and Ram 2500s ..... but I keep going back to the JLT as it should have better fuel economy and be more compact for getting deeper in trails, but the trade offs will be most likely comfort on the hwy and in the cab.
I've driven the new Ford Super Duty several times, and if Ford can make a truck with a SFA ride comfortably Jeep can do it too.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I've driven the new Ford Super Duty several times, and if Ford can make a truck with a SFA ride comfortably Jeep can do it too.
Yea my father has the new 2017 Super Duty and had the past one too, both of which are solid axel and drive 50x better then my JKU. I just hope FCA makes the wrangler handle/ride better and puts a motor in it with enough power that feels sufficient, as the current V6 is under powered for the vehicle IMO
Sponsored