Sponsored

How do you secure rolled-up tonneau cover?

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
Had my Jeep a week now, and have to move a fridge today. Figured rolling up the tonneau would be common sense. Rolled it, looped the straps through the plastic catches at the front and back over, and the velcro is one-sided...there's no loop half on the strap for the hook side to grab onto.

Watched the Mopar video and it looks like the dude in it just kinda sticks it to the underside of the rolled-up tonneau? Is this right? I can easily pull it off - I can't see this staying secured on the highway. It's akin to sticking patches to headliner material - yeah they're on there....but not real strong.

Am I missing something here? Maybe some random magic patch of loop side velcro somehwere?
Sponsored

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Make sure the straps aren't twisted so the loop is on the underside (easy for it to do). I thought the same thing on mine initially, but realized I just had to reach under the cover and straighten it out.

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Make sure the straps aren't twisted so the loop is on the underside (easy for it to do). I thought the same thing on mine initially, but realized I just had to reach under the cover and straighten it out.
I realized I misspoke, I do have both halves of the Velcro on the strap, but if I roll the cover all the way up so it's "tight" they don't match up. It's almost like I have to leave it unrolled a half a roll for the straps to stick together but then it seems like it's not rolled all the way? I'm thinking now this is the correct way but it just seems odd. An extra 4" of Velcro on the already long strap would enable you to roll it all the way up to the window?
Jeep Gladiator How do you secure rolled-up tonneau cover? 16331745060331817498527839662012

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
You're correct. Rolling it tight leaves no velcro to secure it. I have to leave mine slightly "loose", but probably an easy fix to add more velcro to the straps.

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
You're correct. Rolling it tight leaves no velcro to secure it. I have to leave mine slightly "loose", but probably an easy fix to add more velcro to the straps.
Ok thanks for the confirmation. Just wanted to check before I got on the turnpike for 2 hours.
Sponsored