Darel

First Name
Darel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Audi S5, 2014 Mercedes E350, shopping for Gladiator
Occupation
Military
I had a TJ that I specifically ordered with vinyl seats that I drove year round with a bikini top on in Montana. Thing is, MT is very dry. And the whole interior wiped down in minutes, carpet came out just as easily.

I live in PA now where you rarely get a full day without some form of precipitation, or if noting else, a solid coating of dew every morning.

I am debating whether to spring for the dual top when I order my Gladiator, and if I do get the soft top, the doors will probably be off quite a bit. As it's obviously a pain in the ass to keep putting them on and off, I am curious to know how weatherproof and easy to clean the interior is.

CLOTH SEATS. I will not be getting leather. Are the cloth seats waterproofed at all?

How hard is it to remove the carpet?

Are the dash electrics at least reasonably waterproof?

I drive 3-4 hours a day on the highway for my job, so if the doors come off, they're off and I'm gone. So whatever happens, happens. But I am SUPER anal-retentive about a clean interior, too.

Thanks for your inputs!

Darel

midironman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JTR
Vehicle Showcase
Some decent info here related to your question...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/waterproof-interior.9050/
I installed some electronics that required running cables in the cabin. The carpet snapped up very easy. The interior is not waterproof, but concidered weather resistant. I replaced the dash speakers recently. The speakers had a dust/water protective "skin" over them. I've gone topless/door less in very dusty conditions. Literally a layer of dirt on every surface and she's cleaned up like new with no problems.

Hey, it's a Jeep.