First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
I had a TJ that I specifically ordered with vinyl seats that I drove year round with a bikini top on in Montana. Thing is, MT is very dry. And the whole interior wiped down in minutes, carpet came out just as easily.

I live in PA now where you rarely get a full day without some form of precipitation, or if noting else, a solid coating of dew every morning.

I am debating whether to spring for the dual top when I order my Gladiator, and if I do get the soft top, the doors will probably be off quite a bit. As it's obviously a pain in the ass to keep putting them on and off, I am curious to know how weatherproof and easy to clean the interior is.

CLOTH SEATS. I will not be getting leather. Are the cloth seats waterproofed at all?

How hard is it to remove the carpet?

Are the dash electrics at least reasonably waterproof?

I drive 3-4 hours a day on the highway for my job, so if the doors come off, they're off and I'm gone. So whatever happens, happens. But I am SUPER anal-retentive about a clean interior, too.

Thanks for your inputs!

Darel
Sponsored

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Some decent info here related to your question...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/waterproof-interior.9050/
I installed some electronics that required running cables in the cabin. The carpet snapped up very easy. The interior is not waterproof, but concidered weather resistant. I replaced the dash speakers recently. The speakers had a dust/water protective "skin" over them. I've gone topless/door less in very dusty conditions. Literally a layer of dirt on every surface and she's cleaned up like new with no problems.

Hey, it's a Jeep.

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
Old post I know

Cloth seats, black. I am the second owner of my JT so there were things, from the previous owner, that bothered me. I think the first was the smell of cigarettes and as a quitter, we all hate quitters, I find myself hyper sensitive to it. My second mission was to get the "spooge" stains out of the seats.
I used both a carpet cleaner for pet odors (Reolve) and an forgotten upholstery cleaner from the supermarket. Both with the cleaning power of Oxy. No, not the drug :)
Let me tell you what I learned about Oxy. It will find the stain and turn white as you scrub it. All products said to "vacuum" after a few hours. The stains actually rise to the surface white and you can vacuum them up. Cool! But ... Every time I sat down or had a passenger sit those white Oxy marks keep coming to the surface. I have vacuumed 3x and they still keep rising up. I actually used a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water successfully on some of the stubborn stains. I did see a post about mixing water and laundry detergent. I think that would have been the wiser choice to pevent the constant white oxy marks and get rid of the smell.
Sponsored