Sponsored

Husband Gladiator and Wife JL build(s)

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
:CWL: I swear everytime my wife has me drive her Jeep the light is on.... I refuse to believe it's some sort of coincidence.
I gave up on that :headbang: and I've gotten her to let me know when the light is on before I get in the vehicle
Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Installed a Roam Offroad front bumper to make room for the bigger tires
IMG_20190811_134352_217_resized_1.jpg
I see that you have since changed from the ROAM Slimline to your new Rival 4x4 bumper. Any reason you switched away from the ROAM bumper? Any issues? Or just modifying ADD? :CWL:

Also, did you change the finish on yours to have a bedliner type finish? The lower height bull bar option is on my shortlist of bumpers right now. I don't like that I lose the fog lights, but figure I can wire in a light bar to the OEM fog switch.

Did it come with any type of shackle mount? I see some pictures with and others without.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Finally got our front driveshaft mounted and had some time to "flex" it out and measure for bumpstops.
We ordered some FOX 2.5" Factory Race series shocks to replace the 2.0's up front. Hopefully fox releases the rears soon :fingerscrossed:. The 2.0's ride extremely soft, but the ability to adjust the high/low speed compression on the 2.5" is really nice. We installed a set on a customers JL and were immediately sold.
Fusion4x4 Flex 1.jpg
Fusion4x4 Flex 2.jpg
Fusion4x4 Flex 3.jpg
Fusion4x4 Flex 4.jpg
Fusion4x4 Flex 5.jpg
Fusion Axles.jpg

I see that you have since changed from the ROAM Slimline to your new Rival 4x4 bumper. Any reason you switched away from the ROAM bumper? Any issues? Or just modifying ADD? :CWL:

Also, did you change the finish on yours to have a bedliner type finish? The lower height bull bar option is on my shortlist of bumpers right now. I don't like that I lose the fog lights, but figure I can wire in a light bar to the OEM fog switch.

Did it come with any type of shackle mount? I see some pictures with and others without.
The ROAM Slimline had an excellent approach angle, but winch options were very limited(My main reason for changing). I have grown to love the Rival4x4 bumper. The winch mounting is much simpler, light mounting options are plentiful, and the aluminum "skin" is nice. I may end up color matching their skid Sting Gray, but other than that I'm very pleased with their product.
My wife had the ROAM bumper with the lower height bullbar on her JLU sport, but relocating the winch solenoid was a real pain. We ended up mounting it to the skid underneath the bumper, but if we had held on to the Jeep I would have eventually relocated the solenoid under the hood. They all come with the shackle mounts, some must have decided not to install them :beer:

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
The ROAM Slimline had an excellent approach angle, but winch options were very limited(My main reason for changing). I have grown to love the Rival4x4 bumper. The winch mounting is much simpler, light mounting options are plentiful, and the aluminum "skin" is nice. I may end up color matching their skid Sting Gray, but other than that I'm very pleased with their product.
My wife had the ROAM bumper with the lower height bullbar on her JLU sport, but relocating the winch solenoid was a real pain. We ended up mounting it to the skid underneath the bumper, but if we had held on to the Jeep I would have eventually relocated the solenoid under the hood. They all come with the shackle mounts, some must have decided not to install them :beer:
Absolute beast mode on the flex! Truck is nuts.

Well as coincidence would have it, my exact plans are a Warn Evo 10-S, but I suppose from an earlier post of yours that it’s not possible with the ROAM bumper...? :crying:

Installed a @JcrOffroad half rack and Mauler front bumper. Loved my old bumper but the new bumper allowed me to fit the VR EVO 10s winch.

JCR Mauler.jpg

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Absolute beast mode on the flex! Truck is nuts.

Well as coincidence would have it, my exact plans are a Warn Evo 10-S, but I suppose from an earlier post of yours that it’s not possible with the ROAM bumper...? :crying:

Thanks!
If you remove the solenoid pack, extend the wires and mount it under the hood you can probably make it work. The old VR series had a much smaller body and is what they designed the bumper to work around. We have fit the old VR, and a X2O behind the bumper but never tried one of the larger framed winches.

zxd9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Granite Crystal
Occupation
Software Engineer
My wife's 2020 JLU Freedom Edition w/ Rubicon suspension and Gladiator Mojave wheels/tires.

My 2021 Gladiator Mojave with Rebel Off Road bed rack, AEV Borah wheels and General Grabber X3 tires.

We love them both!
20210922_175052.jpg
Sponsored