Sponsored

Installed Magnaflow Crawler exhaust today....

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Very happy with the notes.

I've ridden bikes for years and a fan of pipes, but also know when I've installed something too loud. This is perfect.

Normal driving you can only hear it slightly from the cab but if you get on it, great sound. Makes me drive in manual on this auto and hold the gear a bit longer just for fun. Pop it into manual and let its shift on its own, really nice sound. Because the sound is not loud at idle, the auto start stop is not annoying, where it goes from silent to loud when it switches on. Very happy. I also wanted the same profile as stock and with the pipes dumping up and high level with the frame. Me personally, I did not want to see the tips from the back or the single exiting behind the rear driver wheel. Very happy....
Sponsored

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
I just saw this on a vendor site earlier and wondered whether it lived up to what seemed to be really high quality and feature set. Glad to see you are so impressed with this unit.

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Working on the video, goodness knows how long it will take to edit, lol. And forgive the shaking, Michigan Roads required a Dana 44 :)

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I def like this exhaust and the fact that it has an actual purpose and help when we go off roading... Visually I like the dual exhaust tips but I have to concede that the dual exhaust tips will never sound that great with a V6 and should just get this one. I like how it is neatly tucked underneath and actually makes sense to do the resonator delete for wheeling...

Do you by any chance know the decibel level of the noise? I am almost sold on this and want to do it, but I don't want to be that obnoxious guy in the neighborhood whose truck is louder than everyone as well LOL... It is hard to gauge the noise from the videos sadly... Do you hear a lot of that sputter like those beer can mufflers?

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@SleepyJeep hey there, I miss the wonderful roads in Maryland, use to live in DE and rode my bikes there all the time (Havre de Grace down to DC and even out west to WV.)

Leaving the development, just driving normal, you will not disturb the neighbors at all. I was worried about it being too loud. My current bike is loud and I am sensitive to the noise leaving, especially if early in the morning or late at night. This is no where near that noise level. I think the noise rating they provide is conservative meaning they rate it louder than it really would be to the average person. You will be very happy and surprised.

If you are looking for a straight pipe noise level, this is absolutely not the exhaust for you. You will be utterly disappointed because it is fairly quiet. It's quieter than I thought but I figured if I did not like it, I would simply sell it or return it. It's not going back :)

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
@SleepyJeep hey there, I miss the wonderful roads in Maryland, use to live in DE and rode my bikes there all the time (Havre de Grace down to DC and even out west to WV.)

Leaving the development, just driving normal, you will not disturb the neighbors at all. I was worried about it being too loud. My current bike is loud and I am sensitive to the noise leaving, especially if early in the morning or late at night. This is no where near that noise level. I think the noise rating they provide is conservative meaning they rate it louder than it really would be to the average person. You will be very happy and surprised.

If you are looking for a straight pipe noise level, this is absolutely not the exhaust for you. You will be utterly disappointed because it is fairly quiet. It's quieter than I thought but I figured if I did not like it, I would simply sell it or return it. It's not going back :)
Thanks for the reply with the noise info, looks like I will be adding this mod to my list. I am definitely not interested in really loud straight pipes and like the fact that it is somewhat subdued but sounds a bit different than stock.

Yeah, MD is nice with the crazy windy roads, the greenery and really old towns and houses that most people are not aware of :). I bet you spent a lot of time at the Chesapeake Bay beach if you lived in HdG.

Sponsored

JT_Ollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBB BMW M2, SG Jeep Gladiator
Flexin, do you have pictures of what the magnaflow replaced? Also curious of weight savings? Wondering if the rock crawler exhaust would make up for some of the weight from adding 35" tires

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few less baffles, 3 on the stock pipe and one on the crawler pipe.