Instrument Cluster and Shifter light won’t go off

concretewolf

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Gladiator, Toyota Sequoia, Ford Taurus
My instrument cluster light will not go off the message “ Press Brake and push button to start “. Is lit up continuously regardless of me being in or out of the vehicle the vehicle locked or unlocked doesn’t matter where the keys are I can’t get the message to go away or the instrument cluster light as well as the gearshift indicator light to go off. It’s draining my battery. I suspect that it has something to do with the weight sensor in the driver seat because that would then trigger the message on the dash? Any suggestions? I need to get it fixed on my own preferably because I’m out of warranty.

image.jpg
Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Try unhooking the battery for a minute and making sure all fuses are seated well.

OP
OP
concretewolf

concretewolf

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Gladiator, Toyota Sequoia, Ford Taurus
am1978. Thanks for the reply and as that’s the only suggestion so far I’ll give that a shot and post my results. Thanks again!

Davesnothereman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Liberty
Done. Fixed. Thanks!
What is exactly did you do to get it to stay off? Pulling my F105 fuse for the A/c is the only thing that gets mine to stay off. I installed a new radio with climate control integrated in it and the climate control you can hear click then the light keep’s cycling on and off with the dash light and shifter light. I tried disconnecting the battery but since the axillary is there, it doesn’t help.
Sponsored