Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Lets start this off what I am looking for this Build Journal to be. I have built a few jeeps over the years and I have no documentation or logs to show what I have done (most case's this is better). I have never done a build/ journal log and I am looking forward to tackling this.

The next part is advice, This is rig is a family rig, business rig and a dream rig for me. This guy needs to wear many hats. I will be asking a lot of questions and will be looking for advice on quite a few topics.

Last part! My plan is to showcase our prototypes in hear. We want to get your feed back on our products and what you would like to see different or more of. Check out what we offer now in my signature or at Invictusoffroad.com

OK...

Last month we picked up a Gladiator Sport S
  • Max Tow
  • Cold Weather
  • Alpine Auto 7"
m1F1pzo8CEhop7Byl7Z3JLCw0k7f2-DJ2mphYkwtYd_FEUatiKE4k3lJYESK7AZo6Nmk55ZEJe0KFW3BWg=w1635-h972-no.jpg

As we sit now the only aftermarket add (other than our Designs) is a Undercover FX31010 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover which at the time was $715ish but now is over $800.

I have only had soft Tonneau's in the past and man this thing is nice!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Invictus Off Road

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Next Build Plans

• Tires
  • Bumbers
  • Bed Liner
  • Winch
  • Rock Rails
  • Lockers
  • TBD

The top priority for the JT is reliability. This Jeep will be traveling the US, wheeling events and then bringing me back to the East coast of NH. We will also be towing one of two rigs to most of these events.

RZR
7QDBmYFOV-gLxI6TWeAXc3JDI-pePsKAn0cC_FRrF_xzqYU-HAh4o1KqlWgJoofHSV3HisKACCpyBVenN4=w1802-h972-no.jpg

CJ7 40's soon to be one tons and LS

Nu9WI75YydgqpBeIPbuaWHaCeQY9AuUTike3U1lq81UXFezdK_-vagjJ0vSi4LDE_wRtIJt9yU-eAKaIzc=w1296-h972-no.jpg

OP
OP
Invictus Off Road

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Tires:

Although my heart wants me to run 37's on this build we will be towing a few times a month for 100's of miles so we will be sticking with 35's for now on stock rims.

I am stuck in between Procomp Xtreame 35x12.5 R17

Xtreme_MT2.jpg

Or the Kenda 35 x 10.5 R17
7106YiUnFbL._SL1500_.jpg

I like the Pro Comps more because the look more aggressive and will probably wheel better. But the Kenda will most likly tow better and is a few $100 dollers cheaper.

Has anyone run either of these?

JJmoto

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Tires:

Although my heart wants me to run 37's on this build we will be towing a few times a month for 100's of miles so we will be sticking with 35's for now on stock rims.

I am stuck in between Procomp Xtreame 35x12.5 R17. It’s a great tire!
Looks awesome and rides

Xtreme_MT2.jpg

7106YiUnFbL._SL1500_.jpg

I like the Pro Comps more because the look more aggressive and will probably wheel better. But the Kenda will most likly tow better and is a few $100 dollers cheaper.

I’ve been running the Kenda Klever RT 35/10.5/17.
Tires:

I am stuck in between Procomp Xtreame 35x12.5 R17

Xtreme_MT2.jpg

7106YiUnFbL._SL1500_.jpg

I’ve been running the Kenda Klever RT 35/10.5/17. It’s an awesome tire!

Looks great, rides amazingly well and is very quiet. I most recently had Nitto Ridge Grapplers and BFG AT’s.

What I like most about this tire is it’s size. Tall and slim. Fits inside the fenders and looks great!

Sponsored

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I would also take a look at Mickey Thompson... I just had a set of these in 315/70 put on mine and even though I only have about 50 miles on them I am impressed.

https://mickeythompsontires.com/light-truck-tires/baja-atz-p3

I was a die hard BFG AT fan, but these ride smoother, are much quieter and have a tread wear warranty. I got 5 of them installed for $1400 at discount tire after price matching a local shop.
20191213_120546.jpg

OP
OP
Invictus Off Road

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
JJmoto,

Are you running a lift? It looks great with those wheels!

Walmart has a Sale on Kenda I can get 5 for 800 plus mounting/balance. I think I will head that way and save the extra 600 for some rock rails but thank you DirtyD!

JJmoto

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
JJmoto,

Are you running a lift? It looks great with those wheels!

Walmart has a Sale on Kenda I can get 5 for 800 plus mounting/balance. I think I will head that way and save the extra 600 for some rock rails but thank you DirtyD!
Yes, the Mopar and a front leveling kit.

Purchased mine thru Walmart as well ($168 each). They said that they couldn’t mount them so I had it done at NTB for $25 each.

OP
OP
Invictus Off Road

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Going to pull the trigger on the Kenda's!

Worked on my plow rig most of Saturday but had a chance to pull of the front bumber to get some measurements. Playing with the idea of making my own.

20191214_123434.jpg

20191214_195716.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Invictus Off Road

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Worked on some prototypes for Invictus Off Road tonight. Here's a quick shot of the CNC laser cutting one of our new panels that we will be launching after Christmas.
x73l4yMu8iCicuujQ6rMFRdHg-Oy6jIbm8_xTa6DIylFQPkzrzhkl2hisVv2KEuVJlKxm8_WhAchdKfPMU=w1529-h899-no.jpg

Some of you have seen our Head Rest Panels that we launched last week. We're pretty pumped about them and hope folks like them as much as we do! Check it out at Invictusoffroad.com

b7zwaVdVxOCYdJS17dtwiHkftazNAyWeNZxkXkCKtW3Fi21-XeGdFfQtqxXrvQ2fpIbrv0OB9yo9vAUxWQ=w1242-h899-no.jpg

Here is a sneak peak with a crappy phone pictures of our next product we're working on which attaches right to the cage and is super versatile, make it a grip or secure all sorts of gear conveniently, whether you're out on the trail or heading to work this could really add to your rig!

rxfL8UFhmSBG7TmBeZPcsGxD_fBbi7yELsQ4EfQf5aLHGOJgw-3xqeB60B_Dnti8vRS6QiMUxEnhUo4RCA=w1518-h899-no.jpg

OMProAhl-ybjFUS3DhyjcfAfWfVvqo-VXaPt7CC6Su_fjpHxtpDtKubHZ2aTwFoOa1PnaEUIUcdiD22_qY=w1890-h899-no.jpg

So question for all you! What do you bring with you in your Gladiator. What do you wish you could have a more organized or more at hand?

Invictusoffroad.com

OP
OP
Invictus Off Road

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Bed Liner

Has anyone tried to Color Match the Bed liner on a Sting Grey? I have used Monstaliner in the past (the RED CJ7 from Post 2 and the Coyote Brown XJ in post 10) and really love the stuff. I have run into trees and rocks and its stayed on.

http://monstaliner.com/

They have a color called Doomsday and I think I am going to spray that in to the bed. Anyone else try this?

fMTq4P0sy3pPCS6BEX8rCvgqKonoPYQAquRqEOpqivJZk-AmjWlmtNyBSwLmRoTZAJQ3L2B5KnyG9nVjoIo=w675-h899-no.jpg

WqKpdMIpRhO5nwicsopZJqPwpVktv7U7Qm-_o0wuGbGrAFxkgTCUBqSIYVTqJCmYOi-WyS-7vumH6JIUbNk=w675-h899-no.jpg

OP
OP
Invictus Off Road

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH

We are launching our Grab Handle and MOLLE wrap for the JT and for every New product Launch we do a Discount! 10% Automatically applied no code need.

This cage wrap is perfect for adding some storage/organization while giving you that grab handle you need! All of our products we manufacture in the USA and SHIP FOR FREE!

WE have 5 colors to choose from, Coyote Brown, MultiCam, Black, Ranger Green and Wolf Gray!
Jeep Gladiator Invictus Off Road Build {filename}

Get yours at https://cutt.ly/GET-YOURS-HERE If you Use the Jeep Gladiator Forum Coupon code GLAD2020 at Checkout you will get another 10% off!

OP
OP
Invictus Off Road

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Its been awhile since I updated. First I scored a JK Bumper from a friend and a Warn Winch 10 VR for $250. Only bad parts is the bumper is kind of cheap so eventually I will build my own. Also the winch is cable that will have to be updated.

Found out half way through the install that I was missing the brackets so I through a couple bolts in it for now.

I wired up a set of LED's that I had laying around to the stock fog light switch. This took the most time.

OP
OP
Invictus Off Road

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Next I picked up some Tread Wright Guard Dogs on JK rims. They are 35X12.5R17 I was planning on running the Kenda but I came across these for a price I could not pass up.

PS the Undercover Tonneau cover is great! Was able to put all the 35's in the bed with the cover is the kickstand position.

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.