Sponsored

Is there a tonneau cover that matches the premium soft top fabric that attaches to the trail rack system

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Have the Black Horse bed bar that attaches to the factory trail rail system and looking to see if there is a tonneau cover with the same type of material as the premimum soft top that uses that same rail to attach? The Bed bar mounts are raised to accept a tonneau cover to slide underneath it.

I know there are a couple Tyger ones that use the trail rail system and people have used them in conjunction with the Black Horse bar. but they are std vinyl material
I'm afraid if I use the mopar one, it would interfere with how the Black horse bed bar mounts
Jeep Gladiator Is there a tonneau cover that matches the premium soft top fabric that attaches to the trail rack system Blackhorse rollbar tonneau cover picture
Jeep Gladiator Is there a tonneau cover that matches the premium soft top fabric that attaches to the trail rack system Blackhorse rollbar tonneau cover picture 3
Jeep Gladiator Is there a tonneau cover that matches the premium soft top fabric that attaches to the trail rack system Blackhorse rollbar tonneau cover picture 2
Jeep Gladiator Is there a tonneau cover that matches the premium soft top fabric that attaches to the trail rack system Blackhorse rollbar tonneau cover picture 4
Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Bestop has a tri-fold tonneau in "Premium Black Twill" fabric that may be similar material (unfortunately, I have a hardtop so I can't compare material for you.) It does mount to the factory trail rail system.

However, I was not impressed with the tonneau, the buying experience or their customer service.

The locking mechanisms at the rear of the Bestop tonneau are a real pain in the ass to use compared to the 3 previous Extang trifecta covers I had. I would have bought another Extang but they don't have it available in the signature series- fabric material yet (my 3 previous Extang fabric covers are still holding up great, including the first one I bought in 2007. All 3 are out to the weather daily as none were ever garage kept). It takes about 3 seconds per side to latch the rear of the Extang. It takes about 3 minutes each side to get the Bestop latch to line up and mount correctly. Its a real pain in the ass and annoying. (Note that Extang install instruction show the factory trail rail system in their install diagrams so I would assume it also fits without issue.)

Also, when I ordered my Bestop (directly from Bestop) I didn't realize that it stated "currently backordered- expecting more soon". My bad for sure. So, I called the next day. Customer service really couldn't tell me when they would be back in stock. But said "hopefully in about 6 weeks". Anyway it did arrive in about 7 weeks.... missing some mounting hardware. And, that's where the fun began.

It took about 6 weeks after the top arrived, 3 phone calls (on hold for 45-60 minutes each time) and 5 "live chats" (that I had to resort to due to extremely long phone hold times) to get the parts. I was originally told the parts would ship out immediately- later that day in fact. When I called 2 weeks later, they said they didn't know when they would ship. That was followed up with.. "shipping today", "will ship tomorrow or the next day", and even "they are picking your parts order off the shelf as we speak". None of which was true.

I eventually received the missing mounting bracket, but when I repeatedly asked for the still missing tapping screws thread diameter/pitch etc they stated "we don't have that information". So, I couldn't buy anything locally and had to wait at their mercy (I didn't want to guess at the proper screws, get it wrong and have the mounting system fail to have them deny warranty or even worse - have someone get hurt when the tonneau flew off.)

In the end, I eventually got my screws. It took about 3 months total to be able to mount my tonneau. I honestly would have been ok with the delay if they were honest up front about how long it would take instead of repeatedly lying to me. That really, really annoyed me.

As you can guess, I will not be buying another product from Bestop. There are plenty of other parts competitors to choose from.

I should have just bought the leather grained fabric Extang and been done with it. Everytime I latch the Bestop I curse myself.

Good luck with whatever tonneau you go with.