Sponsored

Is this mold?

Zswickliffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon
6%+ cleaning vinegar and 3%+ hydrogen peroxide (used separately) work wonders for mold remediation. I normally clean with one, then clean with the other to make sure it's dead.

Bleach actually doesn't do a great job because the molecules are large and it doesn't permeate as deeply in porous surfaces. It works on tile and similar but it also has risk for discoloration for soft surfaces where vinegar and hydrogen peroxide don't.
Sponsored

shikamaroxu

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Management
I recently dealt with a mold issue at home, and I stumbled upon the magic combo of 6%+ cleaning vinegar and 3%+ hydrogen peroxide. Seriously, it worked wonders! I'd clean with one, then hit it with the other just to be thorough. I found out about this after a failed attempt with bleach, which, as it turns out, isn't the superhero we thought it was. The vinegar and peroxide really penetrate porous surfaces well without the risk of discoloration. I also came across this emergency services company, ssrestore.com, that seems to specialize in mold remediation and more. Has anyone else checked them out? You might want to check out their website.

TomH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
I don't think it looks like mold. Like was said earlier, it looks lake dust gathering with moisture. You can dab it with vodka and if it is mold that will kill it without leaving any odors.

ScottTank

First Name
ScottTank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Watch out for the Hydrogen Peroxide discoloring the fabric-potentially. Vinegar is a great solution to treat for mold. I use 45% vinegar diluted. Since it is 45%, you can decide how much to dilute or use at strength. Vinegar is also good to treat mold in wood as it penetrates. Was informed that bleach is not a good product for mold removal.

https://www.amazon.com/45-Pure-Vine...1706025845&sprefix=45%+vinegar,aps,132&sr=8-4

Fiollent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
From personal experience, I've found that using a combination of 6%+ cleaning vinegar and 3%+ hydrogen peroxide can be pretty effective for mold remediation. I usually use them separately, one after the other, to ensure thorough cleaning. Now, about bleach, it's not my go-to choice. It's true that it may not penetrate porous surfaces as well as vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Plus, there's the risk of discoloration on softer surfaces. So, I'd say those natural solutions are worth a shot. However, if you're still unsure or dealing with a severe mold problem, considering professional mold testing might be a wise move. It can give you a clearer picture of the situation and how to deal with it effectively.
Sponsored