Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer replaced my secondary battery today.

I had to jump start the JT this weekend. Took almost 10 minutes with my other vehicle on a high idle before there was enough charge to turn it over.
I then charged both batteries using a CTek Charger and it was enough to get me to the dealership.

I already had an appointment for the Tailgate TSB and told them about needing to jump it.
I was surprised at how fast the work was done and the service manage said,
Our guys are really good at doing those battery swaps, they are way too common.
:LOL:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kewlrobd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Just be careful having a "parts store" test batteries............. they don't know squat about how they really should be tested and totally rely on cheap hand-held equipment, and worse, will even test a battery that's not fully charged.
They sell stuff, they aren't technical in almost any stretch of the definition.
I have been in parts stores when a counter person was testing batteries for other people and I have to laugh to myself when they read that little machine and instantly either clear the screen, or wad up the printout and not let anyone else see it and announce their results. Hey, if it's REALLY bad, you'll let ME see the results for myself. Sometimes I'd like to jump in and ask - so how did you test that battery? It was dead when it was brought in - of course it won't handle any load.
I will agree with this. No better than letting Best Buy diagnose your computer. Luckily my brother-in-law is a commercial parts manager for advanced auto so I get to use their equipment to test the battery myself and then got a new one at cost.
Sponsored