Sponsored

Jeep Configurator Colors(Poll Inside)

Is it reasonable to expect the online configurator to represent the actual color of the vehicle?

• Total voters

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I totally agree with the pantone colors on the computer screen and how it is hard to capture the exact colors. All I can say is that the Gator in the Wayout concept is amazing and also the handful of ones that are out are pretty darn good, I wish they have offered that for the LE and I would have pounced on it :LOL:.

C'mon you guys it is not that different - I am sure once you drive it and enjoy it you will really love it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
I agree you're not going to get 100% color accuracy on the computer screen. However, I personally wouldn't expect two drastically different colors.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Well, you're asking opinions - and color concepts, perceptions of colors, so you will not get answers you want, you'll just get everyone's honest opinion on it.
To some it's no biggy, to others it will be. So unless a person is looking for justification for being upset with it - might not get it since it's not a "I ordered 35" and they sent me 37" " type of thing. Color is personal, perception of color is personal. Some will see hardly any difference while others will detect big differences.
My 70 Javelin has a spackled finish inside the trunk. Everyone said xxxx rattle can trunk paint is a good match. I thought BUNK, not even close. I had my son look and he, as a trained graphic design person, said nope, not even close and told me the differences - differences others didn't see, but we did (it was too aqua while others said perfect match.
I found a company in Texas that sold the correct paint - that you had to use a special gun setup to spray. I used that to touch up the trunk and no one to this day can tell where I stopped and started - and yet almost everyone said the rattle can trunk paint was correct. Hmmmmm

Basically all I am saying is that colors are perceived differently by different people. Even those who say it's off may disagree on how much, the degree, or other factors.
In something like this a person may not get the validation they may, or may not, be seeking.
There will be no final answer or resolution and in 2 years as people look at this, they'll open it up all over again and the poll will likely see-saw back and forth over months or years.
Sponsored