Jeep Gladiator - Gator Clear-Coat Exterior Paint

jph-missouri

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I know that there has been some confusion over what the Gator Clear Coat Exterior Color will look like.
The Jeep Build web site show a dark green and there have been pictures on the Gladiator Forum showing a real light green. I talked to the sales manager at my Jeep Dealership today and he stated that the Gator Color is going to be the real light green, not the darker green on the Gladiator web site. So be aware when you order .
j
04/15/2019
Sponsored

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
This isn't helping. If you want to know what it'll look like, please go to the Gator Club page in the PHOTOS section and you'll see what it looks like from the accurate pictures of their concept vehicle. The photos are taken in various lighting scenarios and properly indicate what it will be like in person.

Saying light green makes me think Mojito green.

The way I see it, Gator is more of a darker brown. And, Gobi is very similar as a lighter brown. There are no hints of green in my opinion.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
This isn't helping. If you want to know what it'll look like, please go to the Gator Club page in the PHOTOS section and you'll see what it looks like from the accurate pictures of their concept vehicle. The photos are taken in various lighting scenarios and properly indicate what it will be like in person.

Saying light green makes me think Mojito green.

The way I see it, Gator is more of a darker brown. And, Gobi is very similar as a lighter brown. There are no hints of green in my opinion.
Are you color Blind? Lol. That being said, I owned a 1977 golden eagle cj7, it was oak leaf brown, it looked brown in certain light, and also green in certain light. Similar to the photos I’ve seen of gator. It’s strange how colors can do that. Play tricks on your mind.

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Are you color Blind? Lol. That being said, I owned a 1977 golden eagle cj7, it was oak leaf brown, it looked brown in certain light, and also green in certain light. Similar to the photos I’ve seen of gator. It’s strange how colors can do that. Play tricks on your mind.
Maybe? I do see very subtle hints of green in high lumins. But I would put it on the brown part of the spectrum, and would feel silly thinking otherwise.

jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-1-jpg.jpg

darkbrown.jpeg

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe? I do see very subtle hints of green in high lumins. But I would put it on the brown part of the spectrum, and would feel silly thinking otherwise.

jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-1-jpg.jpg

darkbrown.jpeg
You’d have to show it in direct sunlight, too. It’s crazy, I know, but different lighting really affects our perception of color. I think it looks tarnish brown in these photos, too. So was my 77 cj7, but in different lighting, bam! It looks green.

Sponsored

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a guy that actually made a YouTube video where he bought it and poured it out on paper
I bought that...not sure it’s the same paint as 2020 gator.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
In one of the other 5,629 threads on this topic, we described Gator as Tank mixed with Gobi. That's a pretty accurate description. It's got olive drab green in it, but it's also got desert sand in it too.

Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I should see The Wayout today or Thursday...will try to get some pix.

Evening update: Took a quick test drive in a Gladiator Overland today. They had a Rubicon available to drive but I did not want to wait for it to come back and there was one other party in line in front of me to drive it. I didn't see The Wayout until I was on my wayout of town. It was parked at Barlow's Jeep Rentals but I didn't have time to stop. I'll look for it again on Thursday.
Sponsored

Last edited: