First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Past: 76' CJ-7, 2013 GC Altitude 5.7, 87 Wrangler
Occupation
Horribly underpaid government worker
Good afternoon folks! I have been researching, looking, etc. for a long time and want to find the best Jeep dealer in the Tampa area to deal with. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Tapped_Out

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Military
Good afternoon folks! I have been researching, looking, etc. for a long time and want to find the best Jeep dealer in the Tampa area to deal with. Any help would be appreciated.
I would suggest you read the reviews on the various dealers, to know what to expect. I just authored one such "one star" review. The theme in the Tampa area is they get you in the door promising big discounts, but then they severely low-ball you on your trade to steal it back. I'm literally talking $10k under the correct KBB value, so be careful. Lots of Google reviews are saying exactly what I just told you.

I negotiated around $10k off the price of mine which involved a trade-in, as nutty as that sounds. Make it clear, that you're willing to walk, in an instant if the vehicle price, trade-in price, and interest rate are not acceptable. And refuse to pay for all those worthless options on any addendum sticker, jacking the vehicle price.

Good luck!

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
I tried buying while there last week and the one I liked best was Wells Jeep across the bay to the east. Seemed to be straight shooters but didn't have the color I really wanted. They have a Red sports s with max tow with an extra $1000 rebate on top of friends and family.

OP
OP

mtgustin

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Past: 76' CJ-7, 2013 GC Altitude 5.7, 87 Wrangler
Occupation
Horribly underpaid government worker
I would suggest you read the reviews on the various dealers, to know what to expect. I just authored one such "one star" review. The theme in the Tampa area is they get you in the door promising big discounts, but then they severely low-ball you on your trade to steal it back. I'm literally talking $10k under the correct KBB value, so be careful. Lots of Google reviews are saying exactly what I just told you.

I negotiated around $10k off the price of mine which involved a trade-in, as nutty as that sounds. Make it clear, that you're willing to walk, in an instant if the vehicle price, trade-in price, and interest rate are not acceptable. And refuse to pay for all those worthless options on any addendum sticker, jacking the vehicle price.

Good luck!
Good stuff, I am also looking for a Mojave and might wait for a 2021 so I don't have to deal with the steering box issue. I recently talked to Suncoast Jeep near me and that representative was shady as hell. I might be ordering from Gupton or Georgia instead of dealing with local turds.

Sponsored

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I think trade values are up though I’m sure it is local like most markets are

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased at Crystal Dodge in Brooksville. I’ve purchased numerous vehicles there.

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I’ve dealt with Suncoast in St. Pete and Ferman in New Port Richey. Good experiences with both.

I was just at Ferman earlier this week and they had a nice selection. Probably 15 different Gladiators.

The dealer in Orlando had close to 40 so that may be worth the drive if they have what you want.

Knights527

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Finance
Check out Lakeland Jeep. Ask for Mike Peralta. I found them on the wrangler forum. They take tread lightly and are a pleasure to deal with.

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I've had a few dealings with Jeep dealers in the Tampa Bay area over the years.

One I got from Mike Tieman at Dayton Andrews St Pete (he was very straight up with pricing, but they didn't have the color I wanted...I found it at Suncoast and told Suncoast I'd buy from them if they would match his price, they said no chance...so Mike T had it brought to Dayton Andrews and I picked it up the next day. Not the best pricing ever, but not bad either.

Ferman in New Port Richey was the biggest surprise: they started high, I started super low, and they instantly came down to what I thought was a great deal ($42k MSRP Gladiator for $385/mo with zero down).

Jerry Ulm typically has competitive pricing online, but when I showed up at the dealer the price always seemed to jump. Never ended up buying one from them due to the spiraling price issue.
Sponsored