First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
Occupation
Financial Sales
So, Its starting to get pretty cold here in CT. its about 26F Degrees at night. Now reading the manual.. Engine block heater is really only needed at temperatures below 10 degrees F. Now, I believe I ordered the engine block heater... but cant seem to find any info about it in my build sheet.. so starting to make me think it wasn't added. Apparently all Diesel Wranglers have engine block heaters installed no matter what. and that the engine block heater upgrade that's done at factory order is actually only for the AC chord, which you can purchase separately or aftermarket. I'm gonna assume that JT Diesel also have engine block heaters already installed. Anyone know where the block heater is located, or if they see a power chord anywhere, or place for it to be installed. First time diesel owner smh lololol
Sponsored

Overland-2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security
Hi All,
Chris from CT here.
First post… pre truck!

I'm in line to get my Overland Diesel (Billet Silver, black grill and top) this week - every option but the extra switches and the smokers package.
Really wanted the truck in canary yellow like the Wrangler… but not offered :-(
My wife doesn't care... she likes the silver. Me Too!

Never had a jeep... or even a new truck, so pretty excited.
I'll post picts ASAP.

Looking to tow a 16' trailer - would have gone with the Rubicon but test drove one and rides very stiff. I’m sure you off roaders are loving that! Not planning on getting that deep in the muck… well… maybe a little.
Will look for airbags for the back and with a decent cap (maybe the RSi SmartCap EVO) that should be some nice traveling setup!

Have a huge list to work over when I go pick it up - plan on testing everything and look for anything out of place.
I know I need to have a 500 mile break-in but not exactly sure what that entails.
Any suggestions for me would be most welcome.

Happy Trails!!

OP
OP
beaujlarson

beaujlarson

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
Occupation
Financial Sales
So I took a trip to VA, did the Peter Mill Run/Taskers Gap trail, headed down Skyline Drive, and came back to Frederick MD on Rt29/15. Some 75mph interstate driving, some 5mph 4WD-Low, and lots of ~60mph driving with some stop lights. Averaged 22mpg for the weekend. It seems like the mileage doesn't change very much...plus a couple mpg on highway but not huge difference.
I do have significant vibration at 65mph and up. Sometimes worse than other times. I currently have balancing beads and no wheel weights. Will be putting on hub bore spacers this week and rechecking lug fitment.
OVERALL - TONS OF FUN and beautiful peak Fall foliage viewing with the fam.

Peters Mill Run.jpg
Shenandoah.jpg
Jeepin.jpg
My brother works at jeep dealership -- All Allterrain tires will give off a slight vibration. Even the Stock Wildpeaks might. The only thing that wont would be a road tire. The All terrain tires almost always give a slight vibration at 65+

OP
OP
beaujlarson

beaujlarson

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
Occupation
Financial Sales
Hi All,
Chris from CT here.
First post… pre truck!

I'm in line to get my Overland Diesel (Billet Silver, black grill and top) this week - every option but the extra switches and the smokers package.
Really wanted the truck in canary yellow like the Wrangler… but not offered :-(
My wife doesn't care... she likes the silver. Me Too!

Never had a jeep... or even a new truck, so pretty excited.
I'll post picts ASAP.

Looking to tow a 16' trailer - would have gone with the Rubicon but test drove one and rides very stiff. I’m sure you off roaders are loving that! Not planning on getting that deep in the muck… well… maybe a little.
Will look for airbags for the back and with a decent cap (maybe the RSi SmartCap EVO) that should be some nice traveling setup!

Have a huge list to work over when I go pick it up - plan on testing everything and look for anything out of place.
I know I need to have a 500 mile break-in but not exactly sure what that entails.
Any suggestions for me would be most welcome.

Happy Trails!!
In the owners manual -- the way the Diesel is made THERE IS NO BREAK IN PERIOD. Also, the Rubicon suspension is a bit stiffer - but being a truck you want that because trucks naturally are top heavy. you may feel it a little more wobbly on highway speeds without the upgraded suspension. Either way you guys will love it - once you have a jeep you always want one in the garage. I'm in CT too! Branford!

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
So, Its starting to get pretty cold here in CT. its about 26F Degrees at night. Now reading the manual.. Engine block heater is really only needed at temperatures below 10 degrees F. Now, I believe I ordered the engine block heater... but cant seem to find any info about it in my build sheet.. so starting to make me think it wasn't added. Apparently all Diesel Wranglers have engine block heaters installed no matter what. and that the engine block heater upgrade that's done at factory order is actually only for the AC chord, which you can purchase separately or aftermarket. I'm gonna assume that JT Diesel also have engine block heaters already installed. Anyone know where the block heater is located, or if they see a power chord anywhere, or place for it to be installed. First time diesel owner smh lololol
I got the additional heater with mine, and the cord is next to the battery

Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link