JfishKing

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 JKU Sahara
HEY GUYS,

SUPER BUMMED OUT FINALLY WARMING UP HERE IN CT SO I THREW ON THE SOFT TOP OVER THE WEEKEND... I MADE SURE THAT THE MOJAVE WOULD FIT IN MY GARAGE WITH BIGGER TIRES, ETC... NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IF IT WOULD FIT WHEN THE SOFT TOP WAS OPNENED... THIS ONE SIT MUCH HIGHER THAN WHAT I WAS USED TO ON MY JKU... NEEDLESS TO SAY I ALREADY HIT THE GARAGE ONCE... LUKCILY NOTHING BROKE, BUT THE NEXT DAY I DID IT AGAIN... NO BUENO... WAS THINKING ABOUT PUTTING HTE HARD TOP BACK ON AND JUST GETTIN A SUNRIDER... BUT CAN SOMEONE MEASURE FOR ME HOW HIGH IT STICKS UP OFF THE ROOF WHEN IT FLIPPED OPEN/BACK.. LOOK LIKE IT SITS UP A LITTLE IN THE PICTURE NEED TO KNOW IF I CAN CLEAR THE GARAGE WITH IT IN THE OPNE POSITION.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
JK
Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
It sticks up quite a bit, I can't measure right now but maybe 6"?

I forgot to put it up and it hit my garage door as well, luckily I was going very slow.

OP
OP
JfishKing

JfishKing

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sticks up quite a bit, I can't measure right now but maybe 6"?

I forgot to put it up and it hit my garage door as well, luckily I was going very slow.
UGHHH Man... if its 6" i dont think i have enough room... damn. Appreciate it... whenever no rush if you get a chcne to put a tape up there that would be aweomse dude. ty

lppd45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon M/T, 1966 Deville convertible, 2013 Jetta TDI M/T, 2003 Road King, and 2016 CVO Street Glide
Occupation
Retired
Aonarch was right. I just measured and it's 7 inches from the rear hardtop when open. Mine would hit if it were open. The advantage is that it only takes a second and one hand to close it from the driver's seat.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
We had a break in the rain so I went out and measured my Bestop Sunrider top open. From the hardtop to the top of the Sunrider is 4.5" in the middle of the roof.

Mfg height lists the Rubicon at 76.1, so 80.6". If it were not for my RTT on a full bed rack, I could park in the garage without closing the top. Until I put on 37s. So frustrating when my garage has an interior height of 10'.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
As others mentioned it's a touch less than 7" from the hardtop when it's fully open. Also like others mentioned, I'm wondering why that's a problem though, when it literally takes a second to flip closed? I get each situation is unique but I wouldn't let this stop me!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
As others mentioned it's a touch less than 7" from the hardtop when it's fully open. Also like others mentioned, I'm wondering why that's a problem though, when it literally takes a second to flip closed? I get each situation is unique but I wouldn't let this stop me!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Maybe you guys could design a hook you can mount on the garage header that will open the top as you drive out of the garage, and close it as you drive in, to save us all the trouble of opening and closing it ourselves.

:giggle:

If I had 1 arm or just had shoulder surgery, the constant open/close would be one more hassle in my day I probably couldn't deal with. Luckily I don't.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I forgot to put the sunrider down when backing into my garage and it barely made it through my 80” garage door. I have 37’s on a 3.5 MC lift.

OP
OP
JfishKing

JfishKing

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Thanks appreciate it... the problem is, is that i am absent minding and come flying in with it open b/c im used to never having to worry about it being up or down for years with the JK... i hit the garage twice it one day... say no more. lmao... i now have a sign hanging from the bottom of the door... so that when its open i can read "STOP STUPID" and think twice before driving right in.
Sponsored