Sponsored

JGF Live Coverage: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Debut from the LA Auto Show!

rburton164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 4runner
D55601B9-C822-4F2C-AEDA-313DD95E9715.jpeg

I am glad it is finally here. I can’t wait to see what the aftermarket does. I’m hoping someone does a Gladiator grill and hood like on the Crew Chief 715
They really didn't make an effort to make it an omage to the gladiator which is kind of lame. It should be called the wrangler truck "JT" was perfect since it's the exact thing as a wrangler with a bed. should have changed the grill to look more like the old gladiator. Oh well i guess. Still love it
Sponsored

chipbutty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None...yet
That has always been the option with Rubicons...but it now sounds like you will be able to lock the rear in high range rather than just low range.

I'm interested to know what the color is of the lighter-colored Rubicon on stage. It's hard to tell in the stage lights. It looks like light grey, green or perhaps even tan? I hope it wasn't just white.

Its Gobi. They have all the colors on the website. There is also Gator (green)!

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
They had a post on here before showing specs and pricing and yes. IT will be more than any other mid size truck. Us that don't make enough to buy a 40k truck will have to wait the extra couple of years for the used versions :(
There has been no official announcement of price, so its all still unknown. They're probably not dropping a price at this event so they can continue to gauge or keep the competition from undercutting them. They DO talk directly to the Colorado & Tacoma as their competition, so I expect it to be fairly close to to their pricing. The Rubicon is the Tacoma TRD Pro... so expect it to start at 42k+

rburton164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 4runner
The
There has been no official announcement of price, so its all still unknown. They're probably not dropping a price at this event so they can continue to gauge or keep the competition from undercutting them. They DO talk directly to the Colorado & Tacoma as their competition, so I expect it to be fairly close to to their pricing. The Rubicon is the Tacoma TRD Pro... so expect it to start at 42k+
The pricing sheet must have been on the JL forum before it came out. That was my bad

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
A 2019 4 door Rubicon is already starts at 43K, so you can start your estimate from there. I would expect at least a $3-5K premium over the JL. And before everyone runs in here with there "I bought mine below invoice you are stupid if you pay MSRP" comments, I am just pointing out the MSRP price. Yes you can probably get a Gladiator below $40K, it just won't be a fully optioned Rubicon

Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Added a lot more up-close photos to the first post, including pics of the JT in colors Gobi, Punk'n, Sting Gray and Granite.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
That has always been the option with Rubicons...but it now sounds like you will be able to lock the rear in high range rather than just low range.

I'm interested to know what the color is of the lighter-colored Rubicon on stage. It's hard to tell in the stage lights. It looks like light grey, green or perhaps even tan? I hope it wasn't just white.
Gobi :rock:

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-Truck-LA-Auto-Show-46.jpg

Reactions: PEZ

shawnebell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB, CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, M109, M38, TJ, JK
I was at the reveal today, and they gave out a press kit with all KINDS of images. Has anyone uploaded any of this stuff yet?

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
oh wow so sweet I am like allof you wondering about the price anyone know when it will be released?

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager