Sponsored

JT Sport/S

Arickosmo

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Acura MDX, Sea Ray 400 Sedan Bridge, Trek Fuel, a skateboard.
Occupation
Tee Shirt Printing DTG
Jeep nuts! I'm trying to return after a long Toyota and Diesel big truck hiatus. I took off time during the JK era.

I'm interested in buying a JT but I'm getting some small signals that the Sport and/or Sport S models may have trouble being upgraded down the road. I'm seeing headlights and turn signals that are excluding the Sport models. What does a "noob" like me need to know about the limitations of a Sport model down the road?

I really like the looks of the Mojave but I don't want to spend that much upfront and my experience with my last FJ Cruiser is that you're much better off doing the upgrades yourself. That said, I won't really be wheeling this JT like I did the FJ. I just don't want to get into a truck and find out I can't do certain mods because of the base package that I purchased.

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep nuts! I'm trying to return after a long Toyota and Diesel big truck hiatus. I took off time during the JK era.

I'm interested in buying a JT but I'm getting some small signals that the Sport and/or Sport S models may have trouble being upgraded down the road. I'm seeing headlights and turn signals that are excluding the Sport models. What does a "noob" like me need to know about the limitations of a Sport model down the road?

I really like the looks of the Mojave but I don't want to spend that much upfront and my experience with my last FJ Cruiser is that you're much better off doing the upgrades yourself. That said, I won't really be wheeling this JT like I did the FJ. I just don't want to get into a truck and find out I can't do certain mods because of the base package that I purchased.

Any help is appreciated.
Splitting hairs, very little is excluded in the aftermarket from the Sport and S. Get one or the other , add max tow and what ever else you want. Amazing trucks.

Last edited:

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The Sport/Sport S is very modifiable. If you get a Max Tow then you'll get the 4.10 gear ratio and wider axles, better for some of the bigger tires and more torque off-roading.

The biggest limitation is the lack for lockers and the sway bar disconnect which make going for the Rubicon worth it. Otherwise you can modify a Sport plenty...

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Any help is appreciated.
Lots of answers to your questions around here.
The Sport/Sport S is very modifiable. If you get a Max Tow then you'll get the 4.10 gear ratio and wider axles, better for some of the bigger tires and more torque off-roading.

The biggest limitation is the lack for lockers and the sway bar disconnect which make going for the Rubicon worth it. Otherwise you can modify a Sport plenty...
Of course, lockers can be added aftermarket, and there's a cheap way to disconnect the sway bar.
Sponsored