Sponsored

Katzkin leather installed for $1099 ? Good deal?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Mopar Katzkins done to my JL a year ago. I bought the leather seat covers in black with the silver stitching to match the rest of my interior, for $600. That was the lowest price I could find. Then it was the another $1,000 to have it installed.

I really like how it turned out. But because my installer wasn’t used to working with Katzkin, it took them a bit longer than otherwise.

If I were to do it all over again, instead of buying the leather and then looking for an installer, I’d go to the installer directly and let them guide me through my leather options. Every installer has his/her preferred leather manufacturer. This means they have access to a greater selection of colors and grains, and a well established relationship with the manufacturer. So if anything were to go off during the install, they’d square it off with each other without involving the customer.

If your installer (1) is offering you Katzkin leather, (2) has a well established relationship with Katzkin, and (3) is willing to do everything for $1,100...I’d jump right on it. That’s less than getting it from the factory!

Good luck.
Sponsored

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
does katzkin leather have the anti-sun/heat material? In other words: If my chick gets in the front seat wearing daisy dukes is she going to burn her buns after the JT sits in the sun all day?

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I was looking into PRP seat covers that will run $980 installed, and that’s for vinyl covers. $1100 for quality leather seats sounds like a steal compared to that. If this works out, would love to get your guy’s contact info.

OP
OP
danielspivey

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I was looking into PRP seat covers that will run $980 installed, and that’s for vinyl covers. $1100 for quality leather seats sounds like a steal compared to that. If this works out, would love to get your guy’s contact info.
PM and I’ll forward their info.

I think the biggest difference between the two is the PRP are waterproof and the katzkin... you don’t want to get them wet. I’m in the dilemma of what to get, between just getting the front PRP (only because I drive with the front doors off spring-Summer as often as I can) vs katzkin that I would need to worry about getting wet.

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Does he do the cooled seat options?? Im headed to TN to pick up my JT in a few weeks Ill drive a few hours to have it done lol.
Sponsored