Sponsored

Knock-off Amfib Snorkel

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isn't the stock air intake already higher than the breather for the transfer case?

If you install something like this, what are the other steps you need to take to actually raise the water fording depth?
Sponsored

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
Isn't the stock air intake already higher than the breather for the transfer case?

If you install something like this, what are the other steps you need to take to actually raise the water fording depth?
You have to worry about some electrical stuff and some other breather hoses. I'm not too concerned about the water, since I'll probably never really ford anything too crazy here. They supposedly also help with dirt and dust. It can get pretty dusty here. That was my main concern. And they kind of look cool. Also, be advised I'm no expert.

One of the threads on snorkels has a pretty good write up on what else you may need to do to prep your Jeep become a submarine if you're worried about water messing things up. It is a longer thread. Can't remember who started or what exactly it was titled.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
Gotta say the price is right and the install looks so much easier than the RR on the JK. That was a pita.
That is what I was thinking, under $350 shipped. Sure I'll give it a shot.

Sponsored

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
So I got it on. All in all not too terrible of an install. I have a Sport S and a winch. With the way the higher trim models are with the grille inserts it looked pretty easy. The Sports however, have a piece in the way that blocks the lower bolt to the radiator support. I ended up messing up the bottom right honeycomb trying to get to that bolt. If I remember later I'll try getting a picture to show what I'm talking about. YouTube has a pretty good install video. I had it posted but didn't know it was a banned site?It doesn't completely line up perfectly on the back end but I'm not too concerned with that. I took a picture to show that.
20220107_223822.jpg
20220107_223835.jpg
20220107_223843.jpg

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Sponsored

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Everyone still happy with them?

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone actually gone under water with one of these yet?

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
Has anyone actually gone under water with one of these yet?
Nope, not yet. I got mine mainly for the dust here. Granted it is pouring and we're under a flash flood warning now...
Sponsored