LEER Tonneau (Pace Edwards) Gladiator Build [SEMA 2019]

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Why the hell do builders use fab four stuff? Just because it is the most extreme? What ever you call that bumper or grille on the front has to come off before this thing is even driven or it'll overheat. What's the point, no consumers are buying that junk. Another roll up tonneau cover is a good addition though. Since there are no shells, I need to make a decision between a roll up and the trifold soon.

alwhite

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Honda Element
Occupation
Librarian
Anyone know what side steps these are? kind of look like iron cross

Shathawk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White LE Gladiator Rubicon
Why the hell do builders use fab four stuff? Just because it is the most extreme? What ever you call that bumper or grille on the front has to come off before this thing is even driven or it'll overheat. What's the point, no consumers are buying that junk. Another roll up tonneau cover is a good addition though. Since there are no shells, I need to make a decision between a roll up and the trifold soon.
RLD Design has a very nice shell available.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Those grilles are quite popular with the SoFLO Fl and Texas Customizers - While polarizing - they seem to draw the eye to the build. I like looking at each build for the diff changes - what would I use / not use.

BTW - that grille has enough volume and openings that won't have an impact on cooling. - Just think of the 80's / 90s cars that had no grille - air draw can be indirect -

Cheers

Sponsored

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
A lot of these builds are hideous. Everything is made to be "extreme" or "aggressive" and it just doesn't do it for me, but there must be a market for it.

A popular youtuber stopped at the LEER booth in his last video and it was interesting to here what the guy there said. Basically the projections for Gladiator sales was low and why you don't see a lot of aftermarket stuff for it yet. Sales have exceeded that projection so LEER is planning on making more stuff for the Gladiator.

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
OMG, I’m dying. This truck looks like the Miami chicks with the pontoon lips making that duck face in pictures!!!!

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
BTW - that grille has enough volume and openings that won't have an impact on cooling. - Just think of the 80's / 90s cars that had no grille - air draw can be indirect -

Cheers
I disagree. Cooling is already an issue. That thing severely limits air flow. No way you are towing anymore.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Wonder how much the Lear sliding hard tonneau is gonna run? I prefer that to a soft roll up any day of the week. Had a few roll ups over the years and they always seem to sag in the middle over time and create a swimming pool when it rains.

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Wonder how much the Lear sliding hard tonneau is gonna run? I prefer that to a soft roll up any day of the week. Had a few roll ups over the years and they always seem to sag in the middle over time and create a swimming pool when it rains.
As long as they offer it in the Ultragroove configuration, there will eventually be one on my JT (if I make it out of D1.....).

I'd like to see the Ultragroove Metal next to the standard Ultragroove. Looking at the Pace Edwards site, it appears they bond the fabric to metal, so I would think that may help with the sag issue or have you had that type of design before? Looking for some insight to help with my future purchase.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@JAY can you ask them what the time frame is for "Coming Soon"? Also any idea how big the canister is? Wonder how much bed gets taken up by it. Thanks!

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I’ve only had soft tonneau covers on my pickups but my brother in law had a Lear slider on his F150 and loved it. It was the aluminum slat accordion type that rolled up inside the box at the front. If I remember right it had a drain at the bottom of the box that went through the drain gap in the front of the bed floor so any water that rolled off it into the side track went into the box and drained out of the box through that hose. He said he never had any rain make it into the bed. And a little more secure than a soft cover. It’s gonna take a little more work to cut that open then the 2 seconds it would take to cut open a soft cover.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link