Sponsored

Leitner designs with bikes and soft top.

Beardown Jeep

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Any of you out their with the Leitners Designs ACS have a soft top? If not, do you know if it would work? Second question, are any of you fitting bikes in the back by putting the front tire over the rail gate?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Beardown Jeep

Beardown Jeep

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Any of you out their with the Leitners Designs ACS have a soft top? If not, do you know if it would work? Second question, are any of you fitting bikes in the back by putting the front tire over the rail gate?
Also, pics would be great.

JeepDadiator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
I have the ACS forged with a hardtop so as a last resort we can figure it out together based on dimensions and pictures. I ride too but use a hitch mount. The ACS forged is about 4-5inches from the back window of the hardtop as I recall. I have no experience with the soft top folding envelope but looking at pictures of it folded I would imagine it would work. The bundled up fabric may res on the top of the fwd rail but everything is rounded and there is a rubber weatherstrip in the topmost face of the load bar. It's dark now here in CO bit I'll gladly take pics and measurements for you if it helps.

A picture of what my setup looks.

IMG_20200712_054009.jpg

OP
OP
Beardown Jeep

Beardown Jeep

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I have the ACS forged with a hardtop so as a last resort we can figure it out together based on dimensions and pictures. I ride too but use a hitch mount. The ACS forged is about 4-5inches from the back window of the hardtop as I recall. I have no experience with the soft top folding envelope but looking at pictures of it folded I would imagine it would work. The bundled up fabric may res on the top of the fwd rail but everything is rounded and there is a rubber weatherstrip in the topmost face of the load bar. It's dark now here in CO bit I'll gladly take pics and measurements for you if it helps.

A picture of what my setup looks.

IMG_20200712_054009.jpg
Thanks! Any chance you could place your bike in the bed with the front wheel over the tail gate?

I’m trying to figure out if I could put bikes in the back with the seat posts dropped and then move the back rail back to put kayaks on top.

Ideally, I would be able to put four bikes in the back, two kayaks on top and if I am really lucky, put a rocket box between the kayaks.

Any pictures you could take would be really appreciated!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Beardown Jeep

Beardown Jeep

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Thanks. I would still think a 29” tire would fit in the back below the height of the rack. If you could measure you would be a rock star.

JeepDadiator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry for the massive delay - life. But yes I can say with a confident yes! This is a 27.5 but an XL frame. Dropper collapsed. Decked is about a foot of depth and the sliding Leitner load bar is only a few inches from clearing. Your setup should be just fine!!

Jeep Gladiator Leitner designs with bikes and soft top. IMG_20200818_194658

Jeep Gladiator Leitner designs with bikes and soft top. IMG_20200818_194651

Jeep Gladiator Leitner designs with bikes and soft top. IMG_20200818_194602

Jeep Gladiator Leitner designs with bikes and soft top. IMG_20200818_194553

OP
OP
Beardown Jeep

Beardown Jeep

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Sorry for the massive delay - life. But yes I can say with a confident yes! This is a 27.5 but an XL frame. Dropper collapsed. Decked is about a foot of depth and the sliding Leitner load bar is only a few inches from clearing. Your setup should be just fine!!

Thanks for taking the pictures. This looks good. I also confirmed with leitner that ACS forged will work with the softtop

JeepDadiator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
No worries. If you need any more let me know! I'll say few mods I have added to jeeps, not just this JTR, have left me continually impressed as this rack has!

mtngoat92081

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow, Mazdaspeed 3

Thanks for the great pics. Wondering if you didn't have the deck box in the bed if you think the bike would go in facing forward with front wheel almost if not touching the front of the truck bed and clearing the crossbars?
Sponsored