First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Just picked up my JTR a few days ago and so far playing with the EQ on the Alpine Premium hasn’t hasn’t produced a result that I’m happy with. I get that it’s stock and that aftermarket component & amps will always win but I’m sticking with stock for a while.

So, I thought it would be interesting if people post a photo (or the values) of their EQ settings, optioned system and primary type of music that you listen to. Let’s see it!
Sponsored

lobelsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Gator
No matter what the settings, I find the most annoying thing about my entire JT is the vibration from the stereo through the steering wheel.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
9-2-9

Mostly rock.

I think if i replace anything it will be the top dash speakers....I think those are the weakest link.

note: the "quality" of source makes big difference. Sirius and low bit rate MP3s sound muffled....and highs are really bad. FLACS i have on thumb drive sound great.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I have the bass down 1-2 because it's overly boomy. The tunability of this "premium" system is utter crap. I mostly listen to podcasts, and occasionally either rock or pop.

Sponsored

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
No matter what the settings, I find the most annoying thing about my entire JT is the vibration from the stereo through the steering wheel.
I absolutely agree with you....where the hell is it coming from and why?

OP
OP
MMMII

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
I all of a sudden remembered the other day what I did a couple of cars ago..

On an iPhone if you go to setting-music-EQ you can let your iPhone be the EQ and fine tune with the OEM radio. There are over 20 EQ presets on the iPhone.

I’m still trying to find the sweet spot (had to start all over after installing the Hotheads). Cant figure out why FCA didn’t give us at least 5 levels to adjust.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I just wish there was some actual adjustable EQ on the phone, or at least some documentation on what these presets do. I tried a few with mediocre results and just gave up. If someone came up with a tunable DSP to stick between the head unit and the rest of the system, I'd buy it.

The "premium" sound system is probably the most disappointing, absolutely rip-off thing in this vehicle. The head unit itself, and the software running it, is fantastic. This is the very first time in my life, at 55 and having owned dozens of cars, that I want to keep a stock head unit. Except for that EQ, and the rest of the system behind it.

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
I just wish there was some actual adjustable EQ on the phone, or at least some documentation on what these presets do. I tried a few with mediocre results and just gave up. If someone came up with a tunable DSP to stick between the head unit and the rest of the system, I'd buy it.

The "premium" sound system is probably the most disappointing, absolutely rip-off thing in this vehicle. The head unit itself, and the software running it, is fantastic. This is the very first time in my life, at 55 and having owned dozens of cars, that I want to keep a stock head unit. Except for that EQ, and the rest of the system behind it.
I agree that the head unit is good to go minus the EQ, but I am upgrading everything else. I have the base 7" system; I would be crying if I had paid for the Alpine premium, because it's not much better (IMO).

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I've never compared it to the base system, but it's certainly not worth the extra cost all around. I've never technically paid for the premium system because all three of my Jeeps were $5k-8k off book, for taking what's on the lot instead of doing a custom order. But yeah, a couple grand on a custom system will blow this one away very very easily.
Sponsored