Locking Storage under the rear seats with base plastic divider. Less than $20

OP
OP

jonaandcaleb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Just a thought and I haven't even looked at the rear (skeleton) part of the seat

you mention that someone could brake the plastic with a lot of force, but I wonder if .. within the skeleton part of the seat you could bolt or weld a permeant piece of steel to accept the plunge lock?

then maybe weld a piece of steel from the floor just inside the plastic and once the plung lock is in place it binds the two together.

I love fabricating and might look into this
The part i'm talking about breaking is the plastic part below the seat and not the seat itself. The bracket is bolted to the seat so it won't go anywhere there. The plunge part of the lock goes into metal bracket and the lock itself is bolted to the plastic. It will break, but would take a lot of force. You could reinforce it and attach a metal plate to where the plastic divider screwed down the floor with the plunge part going through that too. May not be necessary but would love to see what you come up with.
Sponsored

Simple Man

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon / 3.5 Metal Cloak Lift
Occupation
T&D Operations Supervisor
The part i'm talking about breaking is the plastic part below the seat and not the seat itself. The bracket is bolted to the seat so it won't go anywhere there. The plunge part of the lock goes into metal bracket and the lock itself is bolted to the plastic. It will break, but would take a lot of force. You could reinforce it and attach a metal plate to where the plastic divider screwed down the floor with the plunge part going through that too. May not be necessary but would love to see what you come up with.
I just got the plungers that you used. Just waiting for some decent weather.

I love to fabricate stuff ..... so lets see where this goes.

JsnJcksn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I came up with the same idea, then found this post. I guess great minds think alike!
Anyway, I just wanted to add this idea to the mix, to help prevent the future eye gouging that may occur on the metal tab:

Jeep Gladiator Locking Storage under the rear seats with base plastic divider. Less than $20 PXL_20221231_130703349

It's just a reflective sticker to help remind me to not put my face there.....
Sponsored