First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Construction
So I recently came upon a gladiator sport max tow with 1.5 leveling in front with stock tires, I recently upgraded to mickey thompson exps 35x12.50r17s which read at 34.5 height. I'm wanting I know when I recalibrate computer with taser mini...... in two days, will this help the transmission? But ultimately will it be safe in the long term if I honestly plan very little towing and moderate offroading?? I can honestly say I'll never afford extreme anything let Alone have the time. My ultimate goal is fun and longevity. Please I'm looking for long term advice. Thanks in advanced and yes I'm new to the Jeep world but learning fast. I don't want to hurt her while having fun and will never go to 40s
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So I recently came upon a gladiator sport max tow with 1.5 leveling in front with stock tires, I recently upgraded to mickey thompson exps 35x12.50r17s which read at 34.5 height. I'm wanting I know when I recalibrate computer with taser mini...... in two days, will this help the transmission? But ultimately will it be safe in the long term if I honestly plan very little towing and moderate offroading?? I can honestly say I'll never afford extreme anything let Alone have the time. My ultimate goal is fun and longevity. Please I'm looking for long term advice. Thanks in advanced and yes I'm new to the Jeep world but learning fast. I don't want to hurt her while having fun and will never go to 40s
Always best to put in the correct current tire diameter when making tire changes.
Why would you not? You are more likely to see negatives by NOT making things correct than by correcting tire sizes.
It doesn't matter if you tow, off-road or simply drive it - keeping the correct tire size in there is better. It's also going to keep your SPEEDOMETER and odometer accurate.

OP
OP
Helmer763

Helmer763

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Always best to put in the correct current tire diameter when making tire changes.
Why would you not? You are more likely to see negatives by NOT making things correct than by correcting tire sizes.
It doesn't matter if you tow, off-road or simply drive it - keeping the correct tire size in there is better. It's also going to keep your SPEEDOMETER and odometer accurate.
I get that I'm asking what will long term effects be on 4.10? Should you actually regear or not for 35s? Not opinions but official facts? I'm unable to find the answer

OP
OP
Helmer763

Helmer763

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Sorry and actually also looking to see if when we recalibrate if the system itself does correct the transmission for the tires. Super green question I know. I'm just worried about long term effects if any. Figured you guys would know more. I'm driving myself crazy trying to look for the answer lol

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Almost 15k miles with 37s and 4.10 Max Tow. No issues off-roading and it’s my daily driver 70 miles RT a day for work.

No issues. I did upgrade the steering to Metalcloak 1 tons with beefier ball joints. Rides great.

I highly recommend using Jscan or Tazer to update the tire size to get the correct shifting. Actually I don’t recommend, I believe it’s mandatory IMO.

OP
OP
Helmer763

Helmer763

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Almost 15k miles with 37s and 4.10 Max Tow. No issues off-roading and it’s my daily driver 70 miles RT a day for work.

No issues. I did upgrade the steering to Metalcloak 1 tons with beefier ball joints. Rides great.

I highly recommend using Jscan or Tazer to update the tire size to get the correct shifting. Actually I don’t recommend, I believe it’s mandatory IMO.
hell yeah! Thank you and will look into that for the front. I got the mini coming in 2 days after dealerships quoted 275$ a flash. Insane!!!! Thanks for the info. Figured wouldn't need to regear for what I'll be doing but the shifting had me concerned. Didn't know if the shifting would be changed with tire configuration or if had to regulate to achieve desired output. Want this to be the last note I ever carry! Thanks for the help and pray they hold the mileage and more with pricing how it is
Sponsored