First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired Electrician
That sounds great on the surface, but MPG is only part of the story. When you factor in the Eco-Diesel's basically $10,000 higher price tag over a Pentastar, the significantly more expensive fuel cost, the more expensive/frequent maintenance, running a diesel is more expensive than running a gasser. Add to that the Eco-Diesel's very spotty reliability record (even more spotty than the Pentastar) then - unless you truly NEED the superior towing/hauling power that engine provides, then you're better off (financially anyway) with the Pentastar.
I understand your logic and respect your opinion, but I must admit I lean the other way. I special ordered my Sport S and had built the way I wanted it to perform. I got invoice prices on options which only added $5400 for the diesel/trans option. The diesel also gives you a 5yr/100k drivetrain warranty compared to 3yr/36k for the gas. If I choose to put the larger tires on the diesel can handle where the gas will need to regear to have any type of power. Plus, the main part is the SMILE factor whenever I turn it on and hit the throttle. Hopefully, when I ever choose to resell, I can recoup my investment for the diesel option.
Sponsored