OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing. Looks awesome. Nice protection from the skids. I’m planning on the Clayton 2.5”. How you liking it?
So far it has exceeded my expectations...
Sponsored

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We were back on Lost Trail last saturday & this time someone grabbed my JT actually doing something cool.

Kiowa Warrior

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Went on an evening run to Lost Trail outside of Melba ID with @HiCentered. We had to take our JT's out for some fun.

First 2 pics were meant to show the clearance difference between stock bumper on my JT (red) & His JTR (Gray). It was hard to get a pic showing just how big of a difference his High Clearance bumper made since my JT sits considerably higher. He probably gained 10+ inch's back there.
IMG_0769.jpg

This shows the difference in height. His Gray JTR has 3.5" metalcloak springs & is sitting on 37's. My Red JT is on the @Clayton Off Road 2.5" & sitting on 35's. Its not just the angle.. I was sitting at least 2" higher when he should have been given taller lift (at least on paper) & taller tires.
IMG_0768.jpg

HiCentered living up to his name.
IMG_0770.jpg

A little later on another obstacle.

Pictures of my Motobilt skidplate after we got back to flat ground. This was all freshly powdercoated so its all from tonight.

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

And simply because its a thing my girlfriend made me pull over to take this picture on the way home.
IMG_0782.jpg
What was the height difference between the fronts? I currently have a JTR on 37s with the gamechanger and am disappointed in the rear height, and considering swapping over to Clayton springs. Not sure if I should do both front and rear, or just rear.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What was the height difference between the fronts? I currently have a JTR on 37s with the gamechanger and am disappointed in the rear height, and considering swapping over to Clayton springs. Not sure if I should do both front and rear, or just rear.
We never got front to front to see it clearly. @HiCentered did change out to clayton front's if I remember right. He can probably answer better then I can.

Kiowa Warrior

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
We never got front to front to see it clearly. @HiCentered did change out to clayton front's if I remember right. He can probably answer better then I can.
Any loss in ride height since your install, and are you still satisfied with the quality and performance of the springs?

Sponsored

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any loss in ride height since your install, and are you still satisfied with the quality and performance of the springs?
No loss that I have noticed.. Its still big.. TBH though I havent driven it enough to throughly give it that work out. I wanna say it was between 1500 & 2k miles when the lift was installed & here I am months & many thousands in upgrades later & I am not at 4500 miles yet. WFH has made it really easy to not know how shit the mileage is on 37's haha

Kiowa Warrior

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
No loss that I have noticed.. Its still big.. TBH though I havent driven it enough to throughly give it that work out. I wanna say it was between 1500 & 2k miles when the lift was installed & here I am months & many thousands in upgrades later & I am not at 4500 miles yet. WFH has made it really easy to not know how shit the mileage is on 37's haha
Gotcha, thanks for the info!
Sponsored