Sponsored

Lowering suspension / ride height for easier access by wife?

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Both my Mom & Dad have two fake knees, once I put the ACE rocksliders on with grab handles on the rollbar and seatbacks, they can get in to my JTR with relatively little grief.

Hips, I don't know, hopefully not going to be a thing. For my petite wife, the sliders worked out GREAT. Not sure if I can get away with a 2" lift, though.

I'm crossing my fingers for stem cell shots for knee "replacement" in the next ten years. My knees at 40 were way better than my knees a 20, squatting to get to kids helped a LOT, but a dozen years on, they're getting pretty stiff.

Funny thing about those replacements - I've talked to two people, one my neighbor and the other my sister-in-law. Both said that "one went fine, the other is not as good but better than before". I've talked to others who said their replacements were better than the originals ever were.

I'm sure with my family history and arthritis, I will end up some some sort of after-market parts in me.
Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

I have a 2021 Rubicon. My wife has a difficult time trying to get in. From what I've seen our options are limited to some type of powered step or step incorporated into the running board or rocker guards. Has any one looked into lowering the Gladiator by changing out the coil springs. Maybe from a Sport or Overland model? Would this affect my 7K towing?
What about air suspension, I saw it somewhere for JT’s in an AD. Just a thought.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What about air suspension, I saw it somewhere for JT’s in an AD. Just a thought.
A friend who runs Bulltear made an air suspension system for Grand Cherokees. That thing was cool. We went out looking for pizza joints one night after a swap meet and he pushed a button and raised up to ride height (about the same as a 2" - 3" lift on it) and then when we arrived back and I was getting out of the front passenger seat, he pushed a button and dropped the right side down low and I slid out.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
eibach had some lowering springs for the JK from recollection, maybe they do for JL's as well?

if trying to stay tow stout though...wrong vehicle, ridgelines are amazing vehicles imo, won't work for me with the hunting stuff we do, just not enough clearance
Sponsored