Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I saw an article about a ship with auto parts going down as well - from a totally different outlet.

So - will you believe the Japan Times?
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/05/28/national/ehime-cargo-boat-sinks/

Or FreightWaves?
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/ship-carrying-auto-parts-sinks-off-japan-coast

It's also on Maritime-Network.

Yes, there is a shortage but this stuff doesn't help and I think that was the OP's point - not that there was no shortage, just that there's a lot going on to make it worse.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Nope. Sorry. Not legit sources for me. I blame my profession. To each their own. I’m not a CNN guy. Or MSNBC, etc.

OP
OP

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
  • Banned
I saw an article about a ship with auto parts going down as well - from a totally different outlet.

So - will you believe the Japan Times?
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/05/28/national/ehime-cargo-boat-sinks/

Or FreightWaves?
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/ship-carrying-auto-parts-sinks-off-japan-coast

It's also on Maritime-Network.

Yes, there is a shortage but this stuff doesn't help and I think that was the OP's point - not that there was no shortage, just that there's a lot going on to make it worse.
Exactly, that this along with the chip delays and then something else. It's the Covid effect. Couple that with the possibility of China being provocative and maybe having some similar delays. Before you know it, warranty deals sitting for months on end.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It depends. If the ship sank full of Nissans...they are worth more at the bottom of the sea... :CWL:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It depends. If the ship sank full of Nissans...they are worth more at the bottom of the sea... :CWL:
Oh, but they make driving exciting! Just ask 'em.

Exactly, that this along with the chip delays and then something else. It's the Covid effect. Couple that with the possibility of China being provocative and maybe having some similar delays. Before you know it, warranty deals sitting for months on end.
These days world events have a huge impact on things. It's a global market place - like it or not, or even hate it, it is what it is and there's no reversing it. So we have to adapt.
Covid, fickle consumers, events surrounding China and Taiwan, even what someone SAYS, and much more, impact things like supply and prices.
Heck, when I farmed, grain prices were somewhat dependent on the ice breaking on the Mississippi so selling crop from last year depended on traffic flow on the river this year which was dependent on the WEATHER. So last year's crop depended on this years weather.

Then I have to laugh - several FOREIGN news sources with no connection to the US what-so-ever, totally independent, report about a ship sinking, the search for survivors, the cargo, whatever, and it's still fake.
What about Deutsche Welle ?
https://www.dw.com/en/japan-crew-missing-after-ships-collide-in-kurushima-strait/a-57697853
Or Seattle Times?

Doesn't really matter because those parts were not going to impact the US market anyway.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
The backlash on facts about chip and parts shortages shows a lot about human nature.

It's like UFO's. People speculated about it for decades. As long as the government denied it, people believed UFO's existed. Now the government has released footage proving, beyond a shadow of doubt, that they exist, and no one believes it.

Reminds me of the old country song: "Who you gonna believe... me or your lying eyes.'

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The backlash on facts about chip and parts shortages shows a lot about human nature.

It's like UFO's. People speculated about it for decades. As long as the government denied it, people believed UFO's existed. Now the government has released footage proving, beyond a shadow of doubt, that they exist, and no one believes it.
That depends on where you look or who you listen to. There are more and more military and government officials NOW saying yeah, look at this, they are real.
It appears to me that not much has changed other than it's brought out the far sides of both sides more than in the past. Now those who denied it are denying it even harder, those who believed it are believing it even more deeply.

My position has not changed one bit. I've always believed "there is something out there" and that we are absolutely arrogant to believe we are it, that nothing else exists, no other life, let alone life that has discovered secrets we haven't even figured out exist. However, many of the videos prove zip, nothing. It's "get real". Look at how grainy they ALL are, every one of them. Some of them you can't tell if it's a pixel issue or some other artifact.
To me the videos prove only that I wasn't the only one thinking there's something beyond humans on this planet - that even some higher-ups who risk a lot by even talking about it believe there's something there. But the videos - hardly evidence either way. We can take images of the license plate on your truck while it's in your driveway, but can't get a clear shot of something hovering near an aircraft or over a NAVY SHIP? Really?
The videos haven't changed my mind one bit. It seems to me that they are only making the believers and non-believers more firm in their existing stands. IT may be bringing out those who before had no opinion and now see the goofy grainy videos and have decided - THAT is your proof?
I guess any being that could travel the speed of light (meaning it would still take thousands of years to reach us) would have the advantage that time literally slows to nothing at the speed of light. So unless other factors come into play, they'd not age between the time they jumped to light speed and the time they dropped out of light speed.
But to leave the atmosphere and dip into the water - which we know would totally destroy anything that we could build hitting it at those speeds. Experiments with jet aircraft shows that a jet hitting an immovable brick wall at speed pretty much vaporizes it (those experiments done to figure out why there were no big chunks of jetliners found after 911)

Maybe those beings are bringing us the chips we need. They made them 100,000 years ago and sent them in those vehicles.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Look man, nothing new under the sun. If it wasn't covid or China, it'd be Arabians and oil crisis, Russians and a Cuban missile crisis. Its always something. Stop picking our noses and fliking boogers on each other and look ahead - this whole tech dependency is like a crack epidemic. We are addicted and in denial about it. Most of this tech stuff wont work in ten or twenty years. We need to invest in essential workers and essential manufacturers and infrastructure and turn off the lying liars when they lie, and love each other more often. That's my rant. Thank you for your sacrifices, those who serve and families who lost souls in service of our great nation. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Sponsored