First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
Bring my 2020 stock Sport with 6000 miles in to to the dealer today for violent steering wheel vibrations at highway speed. Death Wobble, the dealers words. I also tell them my back windows leaking and ask if there is any update on the backorder parts for the steering wander issue from a month ago.
Now after they check it out, yep the window leaks, not sure what we'll do to fix it. No ETA on steering box parts, and they want to replace the steering stabilizer, but surprise, its backordered!
WTF! I'm supposed to put my family in a vehicle that I/they know has a steering issue!
Looks like I'm going to spend some time on the phone tomorrow.
I love this truck, but come on @JeepCares
Sponsored

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
You most likely have something loose or not torqued correctly. Have them go over the entire front end and verify torques and correct installation.

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
The rear window leak is a well documented issue here...do a search.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I’m not trying to say that a steering stabilizer will cause death wobble, but a correctly functioning one can prevent it from happening in some scenarios. A friend of mine with a Gladiator had a bad stabilizer, and his Jeep would death wobble occasionally. His stabilizer was half full of air. Once removed, the shaft could be pressed down half way without resistance. Replacing it has prevented further occurrences (to this point).

OP
OP
s35keith

s35keith

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
You most likely have something loose or not torqued correctly. Have them go over the entire front end and verify torques and correct installation.
They said they went through the whole today.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like something loose to me. A steering stabilizer will not fix the issue. I rode around for 3 days without my stabilizer on my JT after I lifted it, also rode for 6 months on a busted Stabilizer on my JKU and never got Death Wobble. I'd check everything myself. When I got my JT to the house the first day the first thing I did was check all the suspension parts and I found one sway bar link loose and my upper track bar bolt needed tightened. I normally check mine every two oil changes just to be safe.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like something loose to me. A steering stabilizer will not fix the issue. I rode around for 3 days without my stabilizer on my JT after I lifted it, also rode for 6 months on a busted Stabilizer on my JKU and never got Death Wobble. I'd check everything myself. When I got my JT to the house the first day the first thing I did was check all the suspension parts and I found one sway bar link loose and my upper track bar bolt needed tightened. I normally check mine every two oil changes just to be safe.
Track bar not torqued or bolt otherwise not holding it solid has been found to be a cause of problems.

Lest anyone think "it's a Jeep thing" - think again! I had problems with my own F250 - one reason I traded it off years ago.
It's happened with other trucks, too.

Ford Motor Company), says the death wobble is caused by a defect linked to abnormal wear or loosening of the track bar bushing, damper bracket, ball joints, control arms, shocks or struts.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/what-you-should-know-about-the-ford-super-duty-death-wobble/
Sponsored