Sponsored

Mesh top recommendations?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Does the JTop come out without messing with the windowshield?

I’d like a shade I can take off when I want the sun(morning) and slip back on when not(afternoon).
the jtops uses a magnetic strip at the front to attach to the windshield. So that part is quite easy to remove
Sponsored

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I just put on my spiderweb shade last night. Unfortunately the weather here is crappy so I can't really say how it performs. Installation was really easy. Took about 20 minutes and that includes just messing around. I only have the one that goes under the freedom panels. I really don't ever see myself taking the back part off.

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
I really don't ever see myself taking the back part off.
I felt the same. Big time the same.

Decided to take it off for the afternoon and now all I can think about is how I can keep it off more.

Taking off the front is fun. Taking off the back is ridiculous fun.

It completely changes the driving experience and honestly, after the first time and ya know what you're doing, takes like 5 minutes.

Now storing the damn thing, well...

GregW68

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Self
Spoke to JTops and they are currently working on a model for people who have soft tops. You won't have to remove the shade. But will be about June or so possibly
I have my JTOP installed under my soft top. Just have to leave one set of straps undone for it to work. The bars sit in place correctly. There are two bars at the rear. The furthest rear bar is strapped in and holds the other rear bar in place. No flapping, no noise. Works great.

greg

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta admit this was the hardest part for me.. Now that I have my storage method worked out I leave my JT naked as much as I can. Basically I will put the top on IF I have to because of weather & I have to leave my house.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I felt the same. Big time the same.

Decided to take it off for the afternoon and now all I can think about is how I can keep it off more.

Taking off the front is fun. Taking off the back is ridiculous fun.

It completely changes the driving experience and honestly, after the first time and ya know what you're doing, takes like 5 minutes.

Storage is definitely an issue. I also have a light rack in the way.
IMG_20210424_184237_670.jpg

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I have my JTOP installed under my soft top. Just have to leave one set of straps undone for it to work. The bars sit in place correctly. There are two bars at the rear. The furthest rear bar is strapped in and holds the other rear bar in place. No flapping, no noise. Works great.

greg
Ok I was just going by my talking to them that they said it was not designed to be left on with the soft top and they were going to be coming out with a version in June that is designed for full time soft top usage.

Mthorsen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Teacher/ FB coach
I haven’t bought on yet but JTop would be my choice if I do
I’ve had them on several Jeep’s, have the full spider shade on my JT, definitely worth the $. It’s very easy to get to the soft top

n8leav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Eco
I ordered this on quadratec:

XG Cargo XG-316 Magne-Lok Magnetic Sun Shade for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL & 2021 Gladiator JT | Quadratec

I actually really like it and the great thing is that you can keep it on while adding/removing the freedom panels. Not sure if they've made the back section yet, but I only wanted it for the front. The only thing about it is that you need to make sure to align the 2 guide pins before tightening it all up. I've had it on for about a month or so and love it and it seems pretty good quality. Also, with the windows up and doors closed, it can be a little noisy, but I have a hard time thinking that any other one wouldn't be the same as the noise comes mostly from the space between the door and rollbar.

Sponsored

ericism

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I ordered this on quadratec:

XG Cargo XG-316 Magne-Lok Magnetic Sun Shade for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL & 2021 Gladiator JT | Quadratec

I actually really like it and the great thing is that you can keep it on while adding/removing the freedom panels. Not sure if they've made the back section yet, but I only wanted it for the front. The only thing about it is that you need to make sure to align the 2 guide pins before tightening it all up. I've had it on for about a month or so and love it and it seems pretty good quality. Also, with the windows up and doors closed, it can be a little noisy, but I have a hard time thinking that any other one wouldn't be the same as the noise comes mostly from the space between the door and rollbar.
I went with this one as well. I tried a few different shades and didn’t care for the fit. It was easy to put on and I like the pins and magnets for the front.

D93DC3BF-D8A2-41F2-8B59-97609260144A.jpeg

EF1A7293-40E5-479C-BD19-9E2132CD7A46.jpeg

brog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Does anybody have one or know of one that works with the Sunrider top and can stay on fulltime? I've been looking with no luck. I even asked Bestop and he said nothing he's aware of right now. I love the Sunrider, but man it gets hot in direct sun in the summer.

njjeepthing

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blinkerfluidproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Event Planner
Does anybody have one or know of one that works with the Sunrider top and can stay on fulltime? I've been looking with no luck. I even asked Bestop and he said nothing he's aware of right now. I love the Sunrider, but man it gets hot in direct sun in the summer.
Yes the Dirtydog one works. You have to work a bit to get to the sun-rider latches to open and close, but it works. Had it on mine until I switched to a full softop.
Sponsored