Sponsored

Michelin military tires?

Kinz384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator ,18 jku golden eagle 7 seater, 17 M2
Sorry. Kinda long
My work truck, has a military theme to it. Because it was a work truck I was trying not to do too much to it. ( Obviously hard. ).

now I’m going to sponsor a big military parade/ event. In doing so. My truck will be my booth for the event & advertising.
So now. I wanted to make little more military looking.
I ordered bartact acu camo seat covers.
I’m going to put the black rhino armory wheels on. & paint them gator green.
now my tire issue.
should I just go with a regular nice tire. Or go with a tall skinny tire for more authentic look?
I was looking at some of the Michelin military tires.
they got a 36”. 10” wide. Really cool tire. But it’s 16” rim. So I’d have to go down to 16” rim instead of 17”. &. I’m not sure how Good this tire Is.
besides. Looking awesome.
I do still drive it daily for work.

any input. ? Experience with tire.

01F36E91-92BB-4293-9AD4-329A91B6E856.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Sorry. Kinda long
My work truck, has a military theme to it. Because it was a work truck I was trying not to do too much to it. ( Obviously hard. ).

now I’m going to sponsor a big military parade/ event. In doing so. My truck will be my booth for the event & advertising.
So now. I wanted to make little more military looking.
I ordered bartact acu camo seat covers.
I’m going to put the black rhino armory wheels on. & paint them gator green.
now my tire issue.
should I just go with a regular nice tire. Or go with a tall skinny tire for more authentic look?
I was looking at some of the Michelin military tires.
they got a 36”. 10” wide. Really cool tire. But it’s 16” rim. So I’d have to go down to 16” rim instead of 17”. &. I’m not sure how Good this tire Is.
besides. Looking awesome.
I do still drive it daily for work.

any input. ? Experience with tire.
Sounds awesome but from what I've read most 16" wheels don't fit due to the size of the Gladiator's brakes. I don't think I've seen a 16" wheel thread on here but there could be one.

OP
OP
Kinz384

Kinz384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds awesome but from what I've read most 16" wheels don't fit due to the size of the Gladiator's brakes. I don't think I've seen a 16" wheel thread on here but there could be one.
I was actually wondering that.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Leave the steelies on and that way, I am also doing a Mopar Millitary theme and looking for a set of the steelies, mine is covered in fake rivits.

Bruce

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
To be an authentic military vehicle...

- It should be on "E" every time you go to drive it because the last guy to drive it didn't fill it up

- The battery should be dead every time you go to drive it because it's been a while since the last guy drove it

- You'll need drip pans to place below the truck to catch all the leaking oil, trans fluid and power steering fluid. Don't worry, as long as it's leaking, you're OK. If it stops leaking, that's a problem because that means the oil pan, trans pan or power steering is empty

- Every time you need a part, you must submit a request and get it approved by all eight people in your chain of command. Six months later, you'll get an electric element for an Aircraft Carrier mess deck oven because you transposed two numbers on the request

- You can't exceed 45 MPH on the freeway

- Every three months you must watch 16 hours of online driver training modules to maintain your "Quals"

- The U-Joints will keep failing due to all the embedded sand from the last deployment

- Every few months you must put it in for maintenance because someone filled it with diesel and it has a gasoline engine or someone filled it with gasoline and it has a diesel engine

Have fun! ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kinz384

Kinz384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be an authentic military vehicle...

- It should be on "E" every time you go to drive it because the last guy to drive it didn't fill it up

- The battery should be dead every time you go to drive it because it's been a while since the last guy drove it

- You'll need drip pans to place below the truck to catch all the leaking oil, trans fluid and power steering fluid. Don't worry, as long as it's leaking, you're OK. If it stops leaking, that's a problem because that means the oil pan, trans pan or power steering is empty

- Every time you need a part, you must submit a request and get it approved by all eight people in your chain of command. Six months later, you'll get an electric element for an Aircraft Carrier mess deck oven because you transposed two numbers on the request

- You can't exceed 45 MPH on the freeway

- Every three months you must watch 16 hours of online driver training modules to maintain your "Quals"

- The U-Joints will keep failing due to all the embedded sand from the last deployment

- Every few months you must put it in for maintenance because someone filled it with diesel and it has a gasoline engine or someone filled it with gasoline and it has a diesel engine

Have fun! ;)

OP
OP
Kinz384

Kinz384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
With the rotors and calipers on the JT, 17" is the smallest wheel that will clear.

Even with 17"s on, if the wheel weights are not located properly on the backside of the wheel, the calipers will scrape them off.

OP
OP
Kinz384

Kinz384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well then I’ll stay at 17.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The Kumho Road Venture M/T KL71 tires look similar to the military tires. It's what I run on my JTR.

Jeep Gladiator Michelin military tires? IMG_1014

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kinz384

Kinz384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Kumho Road Venture M/T KL71 tires look similar to the military tires. It's what I run on my JTR.

Jeep Gladiator Michelin military tires? IMG_1014
I’ll check em out.
Do they come tall & skinny. That look was kinda what was wanting. With the michelin.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Kinz384

Kinz384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What size tires are you gunning for?

You can always checkout the @Discount Tire website. They're a forum sponsor here, and they will hook you up the with best price you'll find. That's where I got mine from. Been shopping with them for tires and wheels for over 15 years. Good company. :like:

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/kumho-road-venture-mt
Any where between 35-37.
I want. 37. 35. Trying be more practical.

I told myself I was gonna do a level kit. & be good.
but everyday I look at my wife’s. Jeep or see other gladiators. &. Makes it harder to not do.
this parade/ show. Is my excuse.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you want 37's, go ahead and spend the money on 37's...You will end up buying 37's in the end, might as well just cut to the chase. Buy once, cry once.