First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
It sounds like you found the deal that’s right for you and that’s awesome! I can’t wait to see the pictures!:fist bump:

Now to clarify I’m laughing at these dealers because a google search would direct anyone to these forums. Plane ride and a drive home later and their justification for msrp pricing is laughable.

Forgive me if my heart isn’t bleeding for these local dealers. I don’t care about them or how well they’re doing the same way they don’t care about me or how well I’m doing. It’s just business and I’m ok with that.

So about traveling for 5%... I’m estimating 2% loss due to travel costs give or take 0.5%. It’s not a vacation. It’s a task that I’m getting paid 3% for. Well worth it to me but maybe not everyone.

In the end if I can get 3% below without the travel I’d take it in a second. It gets harder to decide at 2% below.

Until I find a deal or Gobi release (whichever comes first), I shall continue documenting my experiences. Maybe it helps someone in the future when they decide to do a google search at the dealership.:CWL:
There is a difference between MSRP and Invoice...you get that, right? 5% under invoice is roughly 10% under MSRP. I’m not asking you to treat a dealer like it’s a charity, I’m just saying that a dealer that responds to an email by offering to sell below MSRP is putting more on the line than you seem to think. We aren’t ENTITLED to 5% under invoice. That’s the deal Jeep offers to its employees, and right now, they aren’t even honoring THAT on the Gladiator.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sauc3y

sauc3y

First Name
sauc3ymonk3y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A moose until I take delivery
Occupation
Banana Management
There is a difference between MSRP and Invoice...you get that, right? 5% under invoice is roughly 10% under MSRP. I’m not asking you to treat a dealer like it’s a charity, I’m just saying that a dealer that responds to an email by offering to sell below MSRP is putting more on the line than you seem to think. We aren’t ENTITLED to 5% under invoice. That’s the deal Jeep offers to its employees, and right now, they aren’t even honoring THAT on the Gladiator.
Alright man, good stuff.

For everyone else...

I've added another block of dealers and color coding. Some of you might be interested in @ invoice pricing so I've made everything @ or below invoice GREEN and above invoice RED, should make the list easier to read at a glance.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
Alright man, good stuff.

For everyone else...

I've added another block of dealers and color coding. Some of you might be interested in @ invoice pricing so I've made everything @ or below invoice GREEN and above invoice RED, should make the list easier to read at a glance.
It may be worth adding extra incentives offered by dealers. Those tacking on a lifetime warranty or free delivery or a year’s worth of oil changes...

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
It may be worth adding extra incentives offered by dealers. Those tacking on a lifetime warranty or free delivery or a year’s worth of oil changes...
All Gladiators have Jeep wave, so "2 years" of oil changes/tire rotations (4 total). https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

If a dealer is "throwing in" stuff, they are making up for it by charging more. Get what you want, and don't pay for the things you don't.

Sponsored

rigger 17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
You might want to revisit Sterling Jeep and Rochester Jeep . When I was ready to place my order in middle of July BOTH of those dealer offered me a fair discount . As a matter of fact in less than 3 weeks time I now have the new Gladiator in my garage . Richard

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pilot
All Gladiators have Jeep wave, so "2 years" of oil changes/tire rotations (4 total). https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

If a dealer is "throwing in" stuff, they are making up for it by charging more. Get what you want, and don't pay for the things you don't.
I did forget about Jeep Wave. Wasn’t a thing with my last 2 new Jeeps. If all other things are equal, but one dealer includes a lifetime warranty, then it may make a difference to a buyer. A dealer selling Gladiators under invoice is making up for it by charging you more on something else too. Maybe it’s the ridiculous non-refundable deposits that some charge, maybe it’s a $500+ doc fee, maybe they just stiff you on trade-in.

OP
OP
sauc3y

sauc3y

First Name
sauc3ymonk3y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Banana Management
You might want to revisit Sterling Jeep and Rochester Jeep . When I was ready to place my order in middle of July BOTH of those dealer offered me a fair discount . As a matter of fact in less than 3 weeks time I now have the new Gladiator in my garage . Richard
That turn around is remarkable considering the number of people "Stuck in ____ Hell" on this forum. Can you share what you included in your build?I've seen posts on this forum saying that certain options can cause delays and I've also gotten word from two dealerships of the same. I'd be interested to see what kind of a build gets a 3 week delivery.

rigger 17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Yes my Gladiator took 3 weeks from ordered to in my garage . The catch was I ordered a red Sport S ,Auto. , Max tow and XM radio . Very basis being this is my second car for the summer months .Sure I will accessorize like everyone else but this is the canvas I am starting with . Richard

rigger 17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
If you are out in Rochester on a Wednesday night the Wolverine Wheeler meet up at C J Mahoneys . About 20 jeeps there last night.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sauc3y

sauc3y

First Name
sauc3ymonk3y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Banana Management
If you are out in Rochester on a Wednesday night the Wolverine Wheeler meet up at C J Mahoneys . About 20 jeeps there last night.
Nice! I drive that stretch almost daily and never noticed a flock of jeeps ... which is weird because I almost crash my car every time there's a meet up at the Old Detroit Burger Bar on the corner of Rochester/17mi.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
Thanks for the heads up:like: may swing by after I get all mods done
Sponsored