First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
First time posting so hopefully I put this in the right spot.

I found this video on Youtube and it does not disappoint. It is long and you can skip to around the 20 minute mark. After that there is plenty of jump video. This Mojave got a proper testing of its abilities. Hope you enjoy.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Argh, that drone footage really shows how long the Gladiator is! I was threading between scrub oaks yesterday and I could hear my wife clenching her teeth. Neat and very random video though, thanks!

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
"Hasn't even bottomed out! We've jumped two, three hundred vehicles and destroyed everything!"

That's a very different Jeep ad, but a dang good one!

OP
OP
PDiddy

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
"Hasn't even bottomed out! We've jumped two, three hundred vehicles and destroyed everything!"

That's a very different Jeep ad, but a dang good one!
Yeah I was impressed. They jumped it to its limits. I would guess it did bottom out on a few of those jumps but the suspension handled it like a champ. It seemed to soak it up and didn’t have residual bounces after it landed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PDiddy

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is what I want to see. Come on you Mojave owners, air it out!

Yes! this way we can see the whole system work together, from the suspension to the airbags!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! this way we can see the whole system work together, from the suspension to the airbags!
That is signature line worthy.

GLADY8R

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USPS Maintenance Electronic Technician
First time posting so hopefully I put this in the right spot.

I found this video on Youtube and it does not disappoint. It is long and you can skip to around the 20 minute mark. After that there is plenty of jump video. This Mojave got a proper testing of its abilities. Hope you enjoy.

I think next time, if you get a vehicle to test that is designed for high speed jumps and moguls, you should not be scared to test it as such! You guys all sounded scared to put the "MOJAVE " Through the grinder and find out what it can do!

Thanks for the super long intro of all the slow moves, If it built to jump.....JUMP IT !!!

OP
OP
PDiddy

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think next time, if you get a vehicle to test that is designed for high speed jumps and moguls, you should not be scared to test it as such! You guys all sounded scared to put the "MOJAVE " Through the grinder and find out what it can do!

Thanks for the super long intro of all the slow moves, If it built to jump.....JUMP IT !!!
I didn't make the video. Just found it on Youtube. I Bought a JTR and I will still be a little scared the first time I take it through the Rubicon. These are not cheap vehicles.

Sponsored

Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Really considering trading in my sport s. Whooped on it all weekend but would love to have a locker and the ability to send it

GLADY8R

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USPS Maintenance Electronic Technician
I didn't make the video. Just found it on Youtube. I Bought a JTR and I will still be a little scared the first time I take it through the Rubicon. These are not cheap vehicles.
Oh,I agree with you, they most certainly are not cheap. I was just abit taken back by a group of guys that appeared to have been given the chance at a no holds barred "rip and grind" session with a new vehicle and they acted like it was their mothers Volvo when they first started out. I understand if they would be held liable for damages and such, but the Mojave is designed for that sort of abuse. With the suspension and reinforced framework, I was just puzzled why it took so long to get at the good stuff. I'm pretty sure if I'd been given the opportunity I would have been in flight in short order. I bought the Rubicon JT and although I haven't been capturing any video, I'm making sure that if it's going to break it will be while it's under warranty. And may I add a thank you to you for letting me air out my feelings on the subject under your thread.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. In my first run in the Mojave Desert in my 2020 Rubicon I was traversing over unfamiliar trails and got a minimum of air on several occasions. I was pleased with the ability of the JTR to handle the jumps and bumps and not bottom out; however, there was a conscious cost analysis going on and quite frankly, I didn't purchase a 70K vehicle to make jumps, I purchased it to be ABLE to take jumps. The vehicle is quite capable of handling what I purchased it for.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
First thing that came to mind when I watched the video was the Raptor jumping video that deployed the air bags when the Raptor landed. Wonder how much it takes for the air bags to go off when a Mojave gets air.
Sponsored