Sponsored

Mopar CAI Question - Tube OD (Airbox End)

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Long shot, but if anyone has (or knows the answer) the Mopar CAI, do you know what is the OD of the tube at the airbox side with the accordion tube removed? Another way of looking at it is, what is the ID of the accordion/rubber adapter where it attaches to the intake tube?

Basically trying to determine what, if any, universal cone filter could attach directly to the tube.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar CAI Question - Tube OD (Airbox End) 0D5649FF-7DA3-4674-BEBA-359A30459ED5
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
As long as it's not K&N............... unless you hate the engine.

I'm honestly curious as to what the draw is on "cone filters" since they have such a limited capacity and most don't filter worth a xxxxx

OP
OP

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
As long as it's not K&N............... unless you hate the engine.

I'm honestly curious as to what the draw is on "cone filters" since they have such a limited capacity and most don't filter worth a xxxxx
Yea I’ve heard a lot of hate about K&N. Will definitely keep that in mind. It’s also why I’m curious about the diameters - would like to see what might work here, even if a reducer/expander is needed.

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Stock is 3”, mopar is 3.75” if my memory serves me right. I had one on my 2020 3.6. I wouldn’t put a cone on it, no heat shielding, defeats any benefits
Sponsored