MOPAR Door Sill Guards

JKLivin833

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Hey guys. I installed my black MOPAR door sill guards today. On one door I got slightly too much forward. Maybe a couple of mm’s. Any thoughts or has anyone had experience here? I had them in my first JK and I’m not convinced they didn’t contribute to leaks. Those, however, were styled much differently than these.
Sponsored

Last edited:

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Seems to be plenty of room below the door. Is it hanging out or can you feel it when you close the door? I dont see how that could be a leak concern anyway unless you are driving through water up to the doors.

I bought some cheap chinese door sill guards for my last jeep and they stayed in for about a week.
I went with the rugged ridge this time and couldnt be happier with the fit and quality 3m tape.

Jeep Gladiator MOPAR Door Sill Guards 0D6BDFD4-8993-4DE6-927A-5DABE492F36C

OP
OP
JKLivin833

JKLivin833

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Seems to be plenty of room below the door. Is it hanging out or can you feel it when you close the door? I dont see how that could be a leak concern anyway unless you are driving through water up to the doors.

I bought some cheap chinese door sill guards for my last jeep and they stayed in for about a week.
I went with the rugged ridge this time and couldnt be happier with the fit and quality 3m tape.

Jeep Gladiator MOPAR Door Sill Guards 0D6BDFD4-8993-4DE6-927A-5DABE492F36C
I checked after and literally can see zero reason they’d be a problem, but MOPAR was pretty dead set on exactly where to position them. I wouldn’t think a couple of mm would mater since the MOPAR version not only do not go over the door lip into the truck, they don’t even go all of the way up it. Yours even covers the front nut, which they don’t as well.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
In the category of I don’t need no stinking instructions, I put mine in the spot that pleased me. No issues at all.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech

0D6BDFD4-8993-4DE6-927A-5DABE492F36C.jpeg
I looked at the Mopar sill guards and didn't think they covered enough. The issue I had in the past was the top lip into the truck that is not covered by the Mopar Guards. So I went with the Rugged Ridge ones as well. They cover much more front to back as well as the full top lip and outer edge of the door frame.

https://ruggedridge.com/all-terrain-entry-guard-kit-18-19-jeep-wrangler-jlu-11216-32.html

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JKLivin833

JKLivin833

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
In the category of I don’t need no stinking instructions, I put mine in the spot that pleased me. No issues at all.
Haha. That working out okay for you?

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
I looked at the Mopar sill guards and didn't think they covered enough. The issue I had in the past was the top lip into the truck that is not covered by the Mopar Guards. So I went with the Rugged Ridge ones as well. They cover much more front to back as well as the full top lip and outer edge of the door frame.

https://ruggedridge.com/all-terrain-entry-guard-kit-18-19-jeep-wrangler-jlu-11216-32.html
These look great, but can you report of any wind or water leaks using them as the door gasket hits / seals on them.

Sponsored

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the MOPAR sill guards last fall right after I got my JT. Are you sure you didn't accidently swap the rears and fronts? I remember that there was a little arrow on the side; you lined that up with a body seam (shown in instructions). I've had mine on now since October, still going strong!
Sponsored