Mopar tonneau disintegrated going down the road

Birel33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland and a Ridgeline
Occupation
FF/EMT
Has anyone else had a Mopar tri fold tonneau cover disintegrate going down the road? I had the rear window of the soft top out and the windows down. I was on my way to work so it was dark. I heard a couple thumps and before I could get the truck stopped the whole cover ripped itself apart. It appears it tore down the one side and then just ripped apart. I picked up the parts I could find in the road. There was nothing in the bed of the truck. I don’t know why it came apart but it appears like once it ripped down the side, wind just tore it to pieces.

I contacted the dealership this morning, they are going to mention it to the person in charge of warranty work. I imagine they won’t cover it or try to deny there was a defect. The truck is under a month old and has 960 miles.
Sponsored

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gator, 2017Jeep JK 2dr
Occupation
Ret. Army
OP
OP
Birel33

Birel33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland and a Ridgeline
Occupation
FF/EMT
It was the soft tri fold

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have a soft tri-fold installed by the dealer as part of the purchase. I'm at almost 12K miles with no problems. I have a hard top.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Jeeze, I just ordered one from @AllMoparParts.com and we're looking forward to taking the hardtop off when it cools down! Hope this isn't a design flaw!

I have a soft tri-fold installed by the dealer as part of the purchase. I'm at almost 12K miles with no problems. I have a hard top.
Sponsored