FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
  • Banned
Has anyone installed the Morimoto super 7s? I got mine in the mail yesterday, watched the Headlight revolution video installing on a halogen sport s. I connected the wires and put the anti flicker harnesses on and installed them and nada. No low or high beams, nothing. I called the retrofit source and tech advised me I needed a special Mopar harness and i thought he meant a small harness to replace the small anti flicker harness but no such luck. Turns out this is a harness that runs from the battery and wiring all the way around. In any event, far too much then what I am willing to do for headlights. In the video he didn't require the special 13 Mopar harness and I don't think others have required it either. I would like to keep a set of headlights. lol Getting ridiculous.
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Has anyone installed the Morimoto super 7s? I got mine in the mail yesterday, watched the Headlight revolution video installing on a halogen sport s. I connected the wires and put the anti flicker harnesses on and installed them and nada. No low or high beams, nothing. I called the retrofit source and tech advised me I needed a special Mopar harness and i thought he meant a small harness to replace the small anti flicker harness but no such luck. Turns out this is a harness that runs from the battery and wiring all the way around. In any event, far too much then what I am willing to do for headlights. In the video he didn't require the special 13 Mopar harness and I don't think others have required it either. I would like to keep a set of headlights. lol Getting ridiculous.
Haha yep. I went ahead and installed my Oracle Switchbacks while I wait for the new Harness to come in. The strait up headlights themselves working out well so far. I still have to do some fine tuning on them. If I would have known it would be so much mess I would have just ordered the normal DRL lights instead but will see how it all turns out.

OP
OP

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
  • Banned
Haha yep. I went ahead and installed my Oracle Switchbacks while I wait for the new Harness to come in. The strait up headlights themselves working out well so far. I still have to do some fine tuning on them. If I would have known it would be so much mess I would have just ordered the normal DRL lights instead but will see how it all turns out.
Glad you got them partially working. How hard is it to get nice LED's for the Gladiator. Note to self, buy the LED package next time.

I called and spoke with tech at retrofit source and he said since 2015 Mopar has been the biggest pain in the ass with wiring. That I may need an H13 harness. lol Here we go with the harnesses again.
Was hoping someone got the Morimoto super 7s and did not have to do the extra harness. I'm going to try again today after rechecking all the connections. Or it might just be led bulbs for the Gladiator's future.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you got them partially working. How hard is it to get nice LED's for the Gladiator. Note to self, buy the LED package next time.

I called and spoke with tech at retrofit source and he said since 2015 Mopar has been the biggest pain in the ass with wiring. That I may need an H13 harness. lol Here we go with the harnesses again.
Was hoping someone got the Morimoto super 7s and did not have to do the extra harness. I'm going to try again today after rechecking all the connections. Or it might just be led bulbs for the Gladiator's future.
Frankly for what we paid for the truck it should have had LED all around from Factory. Not some crazy expensive add on package

OP
OP

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
  • Banned
Whatever you do, do not buy the Morimoto Super 7s. The absolute worst customer care and non responsive, carefree types over at Retrofit Source and Headlight Revolution. These lights do not work with Gladiator unless you get a bypass H13 harness running all over the engine compartment, no thanks. Return and am thinking to try DV8 off road plug and play leds now or just go with bulbs and be done with it.

Sponsored

Tango270

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Computer Systems Technician
I have had mine installed for several months now, and haven't had many issues. When we first put them together, they didn't work; we reversed the high and low beam wires and everything came on. The only issue I've had is a small amount of pulse when using high beams.

I didn't have to buy any extra harness. My Gladiator had halogen headlights, but came with LED tails with Blindspot.

OP
OP

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
  • Banned
I have had mine installed for several months now, and haven't had many issues. When we first put them together, they didn't work; we reversed the high and low beam wires and everything came on. The only issue I've had is a small amount of pulse when using high beams.

I didn't have to buy any extra harness. My Gladiator had halogen headlights, but came with LED tails with Blindspot.
I really wanted these to work. I told them several people got them working without the harness, they told me some do and some need it. I guess my Max tow was one of them that needed the harness, ive seen a few others on youtube that also needed the harness. Glad you got yours working.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really wanted these to work. I told them several people got them working without the harness, they told me some do and some need it. I guess my Max tow was one of them that needed the harness, ive seen a few others on youtube that also needed the harness. Glad you got yours working.
I got the Oracles Switchbacks in and working but my new harness from them is supposed to arrive today so hopefully this weekend will have them fully functioning.

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my Morimoto Super 7s installed for about 2 years now. They work great! Retrofit source actually sent me the kit for free, when I complained about the high beams flickering. It turns out that all you need is a JL Tazer and change the headlights to LED. Works perfectly now.

OP
OP

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I have had my Morimoto Super 7s installed for about 2 years now. They work great! Retrofit source actually sent me the kit for free, when I complained about the high beams flickering. It turns out that all you need is a JL Tazer and change the headlights to LED. Works perfectly now.
I wish I would have known at the time. They are actually my favorite look, just nobody could explian why they weren't working at all. Glad you like them, they def look awesome.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
The factory led's cost a premium because the small factory that makes them in the US are retired surgeons, all in their 50's and they only work 4 hours a day and get 30 days off per year plus 15 sick days. The aluminum heat sink on the back of the units are machined with manual machines versus cnc by highly skilled old tool and die makers that retired from GE and they only work on Tuesday.
Sponsored