Sponsored

Mounted a Rhino Rack to my Maximus 3 Chase bar.

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
Adding functionality to an already awesome product.

I've wanted a bed rack or basket tied into the chase bar since it first arrived. The challenge was finding one that was the proper size and a solid mounting solution.

I finally went with the Rhino Rack 37X56 and it's the perfect size. To mount it, I went with 2.5 in mounting brackets, and they clamp tight enough that I feel is going to be adequate.

I'm going to wait to mount anything because I really want to see how well it holds but so far it feels super sturdy and I'm very happy with the results.

Jeep Gladiator Mounted a Rhino Rack to my Maximus 3 Chase bar. 20221022_121141-

Jeep Gladiator Mounted a Rhino Rack to my Maximus 3 Chase bar. 20221022_120950-

Jeep Gladiator Mounted a Rhino Rack to my Maximus 3 Chase bar. 20221022_113904-

Jeep Gladiator Mounted a Rhino Rack to my Maximus 3 Chase bar. 20221022_120942-
Sponsored

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Have you ever had the top off or the freedom panels off at night and used the lights you have mounted on the bar? Does it flood the cab with light? I always wondered if putting lights back there flooded the cab with blinding light.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Have you ever had the top off or the freedom panels off at night and used the lights you have mounted on the bar? Does it flood the cab with light? I always wondered if putting lights back there flooded the cab with blinding light.
Well to be honest, the top rarely comes off. But I do take the panels off when wheeling and no, the amount of light that leaks into the cab is minimal or not noticeable. I think it's because the top does of good job of preventing/blocking that. I imagine if I took the top off it would be a different story.

Animal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Occupation
CMMS Administrator
I love this. I've pretty much settled on their bar and was looking at the platform system they also sell. This looks like good option. Or addition for tiered storage 🤔.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I love this. I've pretty much settled on their bar and was looking at the platform system they also sell. This looks like good option. Or addition for tiered storage 🤔.
I'm not sure how I'm going to use it myself, but If I were to mount anything with any weight on it, I would probably have gone with their platform option as well. In fact. I strongly contemplated it. I did show someone at Maximus (Joe I think it was) and he seems to think it should be safe but the truth of it is that the chase bar was never designed to be load bearing so time will tell. I'm going to leave it empty for a few weeks and see how it holds up. Then slowly start mounting things. I'm thinking two watertight tactical boxes for my recovery gear at the most.

Sponsored

Animal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Occupation
CMMS Administrator
I'm not sure how I'm going to use it myself, but If I were to mount anything with any weight on it, I would probably have gone with their platform option as well. In fact. I strongly contemplated it. I did show someone at Maximus (Joe I think it was) and he seems to think it should be safe but the truth of it is that the chase bar was never designed to be load bearing so time will tell. I'm going to leave it empty for a few weeks and see how it holds up. Then slowly start mounting things. I'm thinking two watertight tactical boxes for my recovery gear at the most.
I'm looking forward to seeing it loaded up!

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I'm looking forward to seeing it loaded up!
took it to Hot Springs off road park and its still just as solid as the day I mounted it. IM thinking two Pelican cases will be practical. just need to find a way to mount them.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rhino Rack update (and rant),

OH My GOD this thing is useless. I didn't realize when I bought it that their slots are vertical as opposed to horizontal like EVERYBODY ELSE! You want to mount any sort of aftermarket cargo box that doesn't look like a used bar of soap? Not gonna happen unless you want to drill holes into your $300+ water tight box.

No one makes mounting brackets for this thing. The customer service when I called was just as cold too with "no, we don't make anything to accommodate other manufactures". Didn't even try finding a work around.

I feel so defeated; I was so glad to finally find a rack that fit exactly how I wanted only to fall into some ridiculous marketing ploy.

The more I think about it, having vertical slots is so dangerous. I feel like if you were to get into an accident, that forward momentum could just slide anything heavy straight into the cab. Poor design all around.

Rant over and back to looking for a mounting solution.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
let's start by ignoring the post above as I had hit a wall and frustration clearly set in. I have since overcome this and I can finally say, I'm done with this project (for now*).

Turns out that the now discontinued pelican mounting brackets fit perfectly where I needed them to fit. Pelican was ridiculously helpful and even put me in touch with an engineer who became equally invested in the project. he also sent me some reinforced latches which made all the difference so THANK YOU Pelican.

anyhow, I hope someone finds this useful. I'm really happy with how this turned out. It's very sturdy but we will know for sure when I take it back to the off-road park.

let me know what you think.

Jeep Gladiator Mounted a Rhino Rack to my Maximus 3 Chase bar. 20230308_162012
Jeep Gladiator Mounted a Rhino Rack to my Maximus 3 Chase bar. 20230309_083656
Jeep Gladiator Mounted a Rhino Rack to my Maximus 3 Chase bar. 20230309_083708
Jeep Gladiator Mounted a Rhino Rack to my Maximus 3 Chase bar. 20230309_083732
Jeep Gladiator Mounted a Rhino Rack to my Maximus 3 Chase bar. 20230309_083751
Sponsored