Sponsored

Mud Bunny - no idea what im doing

Mabags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Ram 1500 ,16 Durango
I guess I'm not the only one who bought the crank unit, I'm pretty happy with it, just takes more cranking than I expected.

20210526_083530.jpg

OP
OP

Airro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Architect
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'm not the only one who bought the crank unit, I'm pretty happy with it, just takes more cranking than I expected.

Jeep Gladiator Mud Bunny - no idea what im doing 20210526_083530
it definitely does take alot to go up and down... i was debating if my drill would work to ease the process a bit

OP
OP

Airro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Architect
Vehicle Showcase
Whelp... went to the shop to talk about 35s vs 37s and what they're opinions were

Ordered 37x12.5 k02s and a readylift 2.5 spcer lift (they've apparently made it work before and called readylift right then and there for confirmation), wife wouldn't let me only go 35s after seeing the 37s next to the jeep.... lord knows there's a reason i married her :LOL::LOL:

OP
OP

Airro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Architect
Vehicle Showcase
Ironically leave the shop for lunch and come out to this guy.... you on here? Just messing with me aren't ya .. lol

Super nice build, kings, 40s, what a monster

20210528_123401.jpg

Sponsored

Mikey_89

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So...just a question for you guys/gals with the hoist. Why do you lift it so high? You only need to go far enough to get it off the body...all that extra cranking seems unnecessary, not to mention dangerous if it gives at that height.

OP
OP

Airro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Architect
Vehicle Showcase
i
So...just a question for you guys/gals with the hoist. Why do you lift it so high? You only need to go far enough to get it off the body...all that extra cranking seems unnecessary, not to mention dangerous if it gives at that height.
i go up that much as i normally park beak first in the garage and i need it up there to clear when i turn around

my picture is a little deceiving as the lower part of the top is only about 4 inches over the roll cage/front windshield

Mabags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Ram 1500 ,16 Durango
I get a lot of wind where I live and I wanted the top above the garage door, with no slack in the cables. I have another truck, so my top will be off all summer. If I had to put it on and off frequently I would have gotten the power unit.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer

20210526_083530.jpg
Take the handle off. Use a socket with a drill.
414BF7F8-779E-4441-8A8C-D6E9C50C472E.jpeg
F17E220B-10F9-47E7-94E6-B7371A49E87A.jpeg
[

ColoFreeJeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys, 2005 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my first jeep last year (2020 mojave)......

Don't think there will be any going back
Welcome to the insanity. J.E.E.P. (Just Empty Every Pocket). I see it has infected you, LOL.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Airro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Architect
Vehicle Showcase
Take the handle off. Use a socket with a drill.
Jeep Gladiator Mud Bunny - no idea what im doing F17E220B-10F9-47E7-94E6-B7371A49E87A
Jeep Gladiator Mud Bunny - no idea what im doing F17E220B-10F9-47E7-94E6-B7371A49E87A
[

100% this, think i need a deep well socket for mine though my short ones dont reach

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
100% this, think i need a deep well socket for mine though my short ones dont reach
It’s the best way without using the ceiling winch option. I just leave the socket on there—spare one from an old set.

OP
OP

Airro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Architect
Vehicle Showcase
not particularly my keep related today... but my wife decided she wanted to get in on the "ducking" thing... so she made some custom blue mud bunny ducks

Jeep Gladiator Mud Bunny - no idea what im doing bunnyducks

OP
OP

Airro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Architect
Vehicle Showcase
got her back today with new shoes (37x12.5r17 BFG K02s) and a small lift (readylift 2.5/2) but looks like they gave me the teraflex shock extensions instead(they looked and felt more solid anyway, had talked to the guy about it so im glad he ended up finding me a set)

also added the synergy track bar brace. contrary to what i had read my mojave did _not_ have an additional gusset/flange where the brace attaches so there was no modification needed.. something for anyone to double check yourself if youre looking to add

top is after, bottom is before, though kinda sad that the picture isnt as dramatic as life
Jeep Gladiator Mud Bunny - no idea what im doing 2021-06-17

also a front view, 17x9 -12mm fuel shoks, they def poke but its not obnoxious (ofc the stock poked some too)
Jeep Gladiator Mud Bunny - no idea what im doing 2021-06-17 (2)

lastly first impressions on the 20 minute drive home.
- brakes brakes brakes, even with lighter k02s its going to take some getting use to
- acceleration and hills seem fine even before i reinstalled my pedal commander and adjusted tire size with the tazer, im sure itll be pleasant afterwards. I came from a 5.7 hemi rebel and a tuned/semi built sky redline.. so the jeep was always a boat to me and i knew that going in :)
- i still saw 7th in town at 45, im sure ill see 8th regularly here in flat iowa after i dial it in. then again i set my cruise at 68 max and generally take 45-55 mph roads when i can, i bought this for that exact purpose even as my DD im happy to give an extra 5-10 minutes going someplace for the scenery and serenity
- i wont feel so bad when a guy with 40s parks next to me now:CWL::CWL:

ok so back to work now, will update after i get some time to get the electronics in order

OP
OP

Airro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Architect
Vehicle Showcase
ok at least took some measurements and got a few numbers... but still tweaking things

overall i gained about (measured from my rock sliders)
- 4.5 in the front
- 3.5 in the back
when i measured from that point previously i had just over an inch of rake, and now i have zero

the 37 k0s measure about 35.5 mount and at the moment i have them set at 35psi warm (they were 37 cold when i picked it up so i let out about 4ish psi)... this will probably drop a bit more as it is still a little rougher, its only 85 here today, and i havent done more than a couple miles up and down the bypass trying to dial in the tire size

speaking of which, i started at 35.5 on the tazer but was over 2mph off at 65, its up to 36.41 and im JUST a hair over truck speed vs gps speed so probably bring it down to the 36.23 (or whatever it is) and be spot on

no rub, no sign of anything even within 3'' on flat ground with steering cranked

"and now for something completely different..."
took vacation day tomorrow as my wife thinks she wants a 4xe, we drove one and shes in love... just gotta make sure she doesnt want a 2door and then what trim level (thinking a sahara)... at least ill have a place to use my old tires now :rock:
Sponsored