Sponsored

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
You are a HUGE inspiration for me. I really wanted a Gobi, but as that is no longer a color option I ordered Sting gray. Since I have a black roof, doing a two-tone with Gobi as the upper would be very easy. Also, I want a large 'black-out' area on the hood, so again an easier spray. Thanks for posting as I had not thought of that until I saw your awesome rig :clap:

Jeep Gladiator My 2020 JTR Dual Color Gladiator Build twotone-small

Jeep Gladiator My 2020 JTR Dual Color Gladiator Build hood-blackout
Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiryanjt

rubiryanjt

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Self Employed
You are a HUGE inspiration for me. I really wanted a Gobi, but as that is no longer a color option I ordered Sting gray. Since I have a black roof, doing a two-tone with Gobi as the upper would be very easy. Also, I want a large 'black-out' area on the hood, so again an easier spray. Thanks for posting as I had not thought of that until I saw your awesome rig :clap:

Awesome! I had thought about doing my hood similar to that if Icouldn't pull the wrap off in one piece. I think Gobi would look good with sting gray

OP
OP
rubiryanjt

rubiryanjt

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Self Employed
Great looking rig! How well does your tonneau cover work with that roll bar? Do you feel like the lights on the roll bar work pretty well or are they too far back from the front of the truck? Thanks!
It works fine, but will only fold the first fold. This is why I'm still torn 9n the roll bar but it's honestly not that hard to remove either. I'll most likely remove the roll bar for fall/winter when I use the bed more for hunting. And to be honest, I just mounted the lights and haven't hooked them up yet. I probabky have the same concerns you do.

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
It works fine, but will only fold the first fold. This is why I'm still torn 9n the roll bar but it's honestly not that hard to remove either. I'll most likely remove the roll bar for fall/winter when I use the bed more for hunting. And to be honest, I just mounted the lights and haven't hooked them up yet. I probabky have the same concerns you do.
Well it looks awesome and inspired me to go looking for roll bars for my Gladiator. I came across the retro designed Fab Fours Sport Rack that reminds me of the pickups of the 80's and 90's baja trucks that I always wanted. Spendy, but it looks awesome. It sucks that I would have to give up the practicality of my tonneau cover, but I think I could make it work with a bed rug once they become available for our trucks.

Then again, your Tyger roll bar is really starting to grow on me. I wonder if I could get it to work with my soft roll up tonneau cover. That would be ideal.

Jeep Gladiator My 2020 JTR Dual Color Gladiator Build fab-fours-jtsr20-1-sport-rack-gladiator-jt-lifestyle-side

Last edited:
OP
OP
rubiryanjt

rubiryanjt

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Self Employed
Well it looks awesome and inspired me to go looking for roll bars for my Gladiator. I came across the retro designed Fab Fours Sport Rack that reminds me of the pickups of the 80's and 90's baja trucks that I always wanted. Spendy, but it looks awesome. It sucks that I would have to give up the practicality of my tonneau cover, but I think I could make it work with a bed rug once they become available for our trucks.

Then again, your Tyger roll bar is really starting to grow on me. I wonder if I could get it to work with my soft roll up tonneau cover. That would be ideal.

Jeep Gladiator My 2020 JTR Dual Color Gladiator Build fab-fours-jtsr20-1-sport-rack-gladiator-jt-lifestyle-side
As far as I know it works with most top fit tonneau covers. I had to kinda rig the front mounts on mine until I can make longer rods but it was no big deal and it's actually working fine. I just switched the hand knobs and J hooks over to a large washer and nut for the time being. I dig the fan 4s one too.

Sponsored

YayMud!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
car guru
What is the measurement of the height of the space for the tonneau cover to fit under your roll bar? It looks like I could make this work, but the exact dimension will help me determine if it is enough room. Thanks!

OP
OP
rubiryanjt

rubiryanjt

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Self Employed
What is the measurement of the height of the space for the tonneau cover to fit under your roll bar? It looks like I could make this work, but the exact dimension will help me determine if it is enough room. Thanks!
I can measure it for ya, but there was plant of space for any tonneau I've ever seen.

Sponsored

Hemi09

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Dodge Challenger R/T , 07Jeep Wrangler,2011 Ford F350, 2020 Gladiator Sport S
I really like the color combo ,very cool choice.

ifishihuntiplay

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi
noice! don't think i would've conjured up that color combo in my head, but looks great. which is why i will prolly never take a chance on anything other than some black and/or red accents.