Sponsored

My 2nd oil burner (and traded my Ford Ranger)

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BMW IX Electric, '23 Diesel Gladiator
Occupation
Live on welfare.
Celebrating one week of ownership today with a measly 200 miles..lol.

Here's my Ranger that went in for the trade (went positive in my loan so used that towards my down payment). Loved the Ranger but rear seats were too small and gas milege was just ok (20mpg combined but still better than Tacoma). 30k miles and served me well for my camping/fishing trips and winter travel thru Lake Tahoe/Reno (the stock General Grabber AT was excellent!).
Jeep Gladiator My 2nd oil burner (and traded my Ford Ranger) IMG-1316

And why I went with diesel...my fav ride of all times was my BMW X5 diesel (recall I traded it around 82k and only had 2 emission related issues and both were covered under extended BMW warranty). This was our 'main' family car and went all over CA and Oregon..I ran AT tires (I know looks cheesy but it served me well and was very practical especially with BMW's AWD system). I used to get over 500 miles on a tank of diesel on this puppy!
Jeep Gladiator My 2nd oil burner (and traded my Ford Ranger) Screenshot 2024-03-28 170448

I was waiting for new gen Ranger Lariat Or Tacoma OR (both around $50k at my local dealers). After test driving new Tacoma, I decided it was not my cuppa tea.....rear seats are still small, gas milege is still bad and frankly, I don't like the oem stance nor look (I prefer the 3rd gen). And this is from someone who owned the 2nd gen Tacoma for 120k miles! I like the new Canyon but owned the '19 Canyon and ran into tranny shudder issues and GM was useless. Traded that towards my Ranger.

Fast forward to now, was able to negotiate this diesel to $49k and drove home with it. I'm not a heavy off-roader so no major mods other than bed cover. I already replaced the halogen bulbs yesterday. Unless the diesel emission coughs up on me, planning to keep this around 100k (and more!).
Jeep Gladiator My 2nd oil burner (and traded my Ford Ranger) forum

Jeep Gladiator My 2nd oil burner (and traded my Ford Ranger) 20240326_194141
Sponsored

OP
OP

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BMW IX Electric, '23 Diesel Gladiator
Occupation
Live on welfare.
Two hundred miles in a week? Hell, I drove almost that many today just grabbing lunch. :)

Good looking truck. :like:
I know....unfortunately (fortunately), I'm one of those "remote" IT/Healthcare engineers so work primarily from home and we use our IX for in-town/quick runs to Costco (home charging in the garage). The Glady will be for my camping/fishing trips and long runs down to the bay (my wife's family pretty much all live in the bay area and we drive down there like every other weekend!). But after owning a EV for 4 months, I''ve opted to pollute the environment by going diesel...lol. Not sold on EV tech yet (especially in States where other than Tesla, the public charging is largely, a work in progress). And Tesla cars, frankly sucks.

I used to hang out with the bimmer guys back in the day when I had my X5 and I hope to run into some forum members down the road!!

SeaSharp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I wish I'd bought the diesel. If anyone wants to buy my current truck (pic in bio) so I can go get one, send me a message. It is fully tricked out!
Sponsored