First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
Cool, glad it worked out but honestly the Gladiator looks a bit silly back there. Wondering why you didn't get a camper that you could've towed with the JT, isn't that the perk of having one, that u can pull up to 7600#?
Bought my F450 in 2017, my Lance in 2018... then fell in love with the Gladiator in 2020! who actually knows what's in the future?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Whiplash2130

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
Thank you for the Hopkins part #. I currently flat tow a 2016 JK using a Hopkins harness. Works flawlessly. Plans are back in the works to get my Gladiator. I use a 10,000# Blue Ox tow bar. Are you using a Blue Ox base plate?
Yes, I used the Blue Ox Base Plate.

Kball

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Regional merchandise manager
Greetings; I’m new here to the forum I just purchased the rubicon Gladiator, and I’m going to tow with my diesel pusher. I have 2 issues, I need the 56210 Hopkins wire kit, they do have but I can get any of their retail dealers to order for me, and my other question is I want to hook up my brake master (from tow master) and I need to hook up the monitor wire( LED light in motorhome) to the cool side of the brake switch on the gladiator. I’m thinking the wire harness that is under the dash for the brake controller, should have the wire their to hook up? Not sure anyone has hooked up to their air brakes? Regards Marc

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Did you ever get the Hopkins wiring kit?
Update-Late!
I was never able to get the Hopkins kit for some reason. Ended up going with the Cooltech system. Pretty neat and easier install than I thought it would be. The only wire routing was from the drain plug under the passenger seat (grommet included) to the front of the Jeep. Splicing was easy after identifying the 4 wires. I like the isolation switch and no diodes. I've only forgot to switch it back once, but the Jeep let me know! A buddy liked it so much, he returned his Roadmaster diode kit before installing. He also used the Maximus-3 tow loops, and RVi3 brake. I helped him install it all. We've been dragging the Gladiators around all summer with no problems. One more trip before winterizing the RV. :(

cooltech 1.jpg

20200731_124717.jpg

2hr2jt.jpg

OP
OP
Whiplash2130

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
Update-Late!
I was never able to get the Hopkins kit for some reason. Ended up going with the Cooltech system. Pretty neat and easier install than I thought it would be. The only wire routing was from the drain plug under the passenger seat (grommet included) to the front of the Jeep. Splicing was easy after identifying the 4 wires. I like the isolation switch and no diodes. I've only forgot to switch it back once, but the Jeep let me know! A buddy liked it so much, he returned his Roadmaster diode kit before installing. He also used the Maximus-3 tow loops, and RVi3 brake. I helped him install it all. We've been dragging the Gladiators around all summer with no problems. One more trip before winterizing the RV. :(

Jeep Gladiator My First Flat Tow 2hr2jt

Sorry about your luck. The Hopkins kit is a much better way to go. I actually got mine directly from Hopkins before they said you can only buy from a dealer.
Sponsored