First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I recently drove my hemi powered Rubicon from Atlanta to San Antonio with the wife and dog. Nothing real exciting as it was all highway, but I thought I would post up some impressions. We did it over two days stopping in Baton Rogue for the night which is about half way. My state of residence is Texas, but I am doing some work in Georgia.

Build: 6.4L hemi, Ram 8 speed auto, 2” Mopar lift, 37/13.50-20 tires on 20x10 rims
Miles driven: 1,050
Average speed: 68mph (10mph in traffic to 92mph passing a truck)
Ideal speed: 75mph at 2000rpm (seemed to really like this speed)
Average MPG: 14.7
Other Gladiators spotted: 1 red with soft top just west of Baton Rouge heading east on interstate 10 at about 8:00am Thursday morning
Other Jeeps spotted: 100’s all over the place!
Wife best comment: “Hey this thing drives a lot better than it looks!” (Typical)
Dog best comment: None, he can’t talk, but he loved having his bed on top of the back seats with the seats down so he could sit up high and observe everything around him.
My feedback: Fantastic, comfortable, powerful and easy to drive - love it!

We drive back on Sunday.
Sponsored

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
I recently drove my hemi powered Rubicon from Atlanta to San Antonio with the wife and dog. Nothing real exciting as it was all highway, but I thought I would post up some impressions. We did it over two days stopping in Baton Rogue for the night which is about half way. My state of residence is Texas, but I am doing some work in Georgia.

Build: 6.4L hemi, Ram 8 speed auto, 2” Mopar lift, 37/13.50-20 tires on 20x10 rims
Miles driven: 1,050
Average speed: 68mph (10mph in traffic to 92mph passing a truck)
Ideal speed: 75mph at 2000rpm (seemed to really like this speed)
Average MPG: 14.7
Other Gladiators spotted: 1 red with soft top just west of Baton Rouge heading east on interstate 10 at about 8:00am Thursday morning
Other Jeeps spotted: 100’s all over the place!
Wife best comment: “Hey this thing drives a lot better than it looks!” (Typical)
Dog best comment: None, he can’t talk, but he loved having his bed on top of the back seats with the seats down so he could sit up high and observe everything around him.
My feedback: Fantastic, comfortable, powerful and easy to drive - love it!

We drive back on Sunday.
Had I known you were coming through Baton rouge I could have treated you, your bride and the dog to some good food. Maybe next time you passing through? Will you be going back to Georgia the same way?

OP
OP
Factoid

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Had I known you were coming through Baton rouge I could have treated you, your bride and the dog to some good food. Maybe next time you passing through? Will you be going back to Georgia the same way?
Yes, we will! Sunday night we will be in Baton Rouge. Should be there in time for dinner and the super bowl. I’ll completely understand if you are at a super bowl party, but open for meeting up if you are around.

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Yes, we will! Sunday night we will be in Baton Rouge. Should be there in time for dinner and the super bowl. I’ll completely understand if you are at a super bowl party, but open for meeting up if you are around.
No super bowl party for me, so I should be open for dinner unless my son has baseball practice. I will PM you my contact info.
Sponsored