Sponsored

Neat small features from Detroit auto show

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Do you know if it unlocks with the power lock button four the doors? If the top is off can someone unlock the tailgate from the door unlock button? Assuming you have a hard bed cover or cap you could lock stuff in the bed. But if it unlocks with the door button then that wouldn’t work.
I don't know, this has come up before.. The power locks are on the doors, unlike the windows, so take the doors off to.
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I would assume that on any Gladiator that has power locks that when you have the doors off and you have a tonneau cover over the bed then the tailgate lock would have to be locked or unlocked with a push of a button on your key fob. Or you could just insert your key into the lock on your tailgate to lock it or unlock it. And for base Sport models you have to use your key to lock it or to unlock it. For certain no one could reach in and hit the power unlock button to open the tailgate since the button is on the doors would be off and in your garage or house.

Now if you take the top off and leave the doors on then anyone should be able to climb into the truck and hit the power unlock button on the doors and then be able to open your tailgate.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Power lock tailgate sounds awesome! I was worried Jeep would pull a Honda move, like in the Ridgeline and have no lock on the tailgate...