First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Military
The teraflex 1-1.5" front leveling kit will come up as the most common, its reviewed really highly and is simple to install. There are others that are more "complete" with some geometry brackets and stuff that aren't 100% necessary on only 1.5".

If your buying wheels anyways, 17 are the way to go since they are a much more common size for off road tires. I stayed with the stock wheels on my Overland since I liked them but still went with bigger, better tires.
Following up on your comment - let's say I stick with the stock wheels now, add the 1.5 terraflex level kit: what tires would you recommend? (AT/beefy)
Sponsored

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Following up on your comment - let's say I stick with the stock wheels now, add the 1.5 terraflex level kit: what tires would you recommend? (AT/beefy)
On stock wheels with a leveling kit, tire width will be you enemy, but you will be able to clear up to a 35" tall tire. Personally I went with 295/70r18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W'S and am very happy with them. They are a bit smaller than your traditional 35x12.5 but stay in spec of the stock wheels with no rubbing (for me at least). They do hit your mileage and acceleration a bit and require you to reprogram your speedometer either through a dealer flash or aftermarket programmer.

If you are happy with the look of a stock Rubicon you can get a 33" tire instead.

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military Engineer
On stock wheels with a leveling kit, tire width will be you enemy, but you will be able to clear up to a 35" tall tire. Personally I went with 295/70r18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W'S and am very happy with them. They are a bit smaller than your traditional 35x12.5 but stay in spec of the stock wheels with no rubbing (for me at least). They do hit your mileage and acceleration a bit and require you to reprogram your speedometer either through a dealer flash or aftermarket programmer.

If you are happy with the look of a stock Rubicon you can get a 33" tire instead.
Havoc 6, If your Glad is also a daily driver or close, agree with going with 33 Falken A/Ts. I have a 2020 Glad Rubicon (JTR) that came with 33 Falken M/Ts. Although 33s within spec for driveline performance, the mileage and handling are dreadful, as with any M/T. My JTR is strictly a toy, so the mileage hit, bouncy and wandering on-road handling on the occasional long haul is acceptable. But I am contemplating a complete second set of 17 inch rims with Falken A/Ts for next winter for better on-road handling in snow. Have the Wild Peak 3s on my 2021 Toy RAV4 TRD (the daily driver) and they work great, even un-studded up here in Alaska (JBER).

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military Engineer
ALCON: For my 2020 Glad Rubi (JTR) I just ordered the new RSi SmartCap (South Africa) EVOa model with load bars. Scheduled install early March and will get color matched (Gator green) Line-X coating same time as cab tub and rocker panels. FYI: Price for topper, shipping and install was $3400 (add another $1400 for coating topper and Jeep same time). I looked at a multitude of bed racks and toppers. Really liked the Rebel Offroad rack with headache panel insert, but settled on a topper due to weather and sticky fingers (human, grizzly and/or tree branches) snatching gear out of the bed. Chose the EVOa because it has solid metal "gullwing" style side access panels and solid rear hatchback door in lieu of typical glass door and windows. Main advantage is the serious weight the SmartCap will take (770 lbs. static/350 lbs. dynamic off-road) plus easier to cut, drill and/or mount to it being steel rather than fiberglass. But after talking with factory reps and installer, first upgrade will be heavier duty gas struts for the gullwing panels (local rep can order). Factory says they can handle up to 15 pounds hanging from them before door will not stay open. My build will see upwards of 50-60 pounds of gear bolted onto the gullwings in combinations of MaxTrax recovery boards, Rotopax fuel containers, hi-lift jack, shovel, grab-n-go rucks and possible chain saw mount (for clearing deadfall from trails). Will post review once on and modified. And yes, with the load bars, the gullwing side panels should work just fine with enough clearance under a Roof Top Tent (RTT). We will see, as looking to install an ARB Simpson III RTT on top, oriented out the back, so I can access the tailgate from inside the Annex.

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
@Havoc_Six

To be honest there is so much you can do to personalize to be yours, the sky “pocketbook” is the limit.

For me there is nothing more fun then spending someone else’s money. 😂

Welcome and enjoy your Jeep, you have time.

Hooah!!!

Sponsored

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
All I can say is welcome to the club brother! Make it your own style and personalize. You’re in the right place. Thank you for your service to our nation.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Since you asked I recommend you reinstall the normal grill
Otherwise there are nearly limitless mods for your Jeep. Since you’re brand new to jeeping my only other recommendation is that you drive it for 90 days and figure out what you’re hoping to accomplish with it

I appreciate your service, think of the Jeep like your would a brand new platform rifle. Use if first then figure out where you want or need improvement
I Certainly Agree on the Grill-Go with an Original-Maybe the Black!

OP
OP
Havoc_Six

Havoc_Six

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
I Certainly Agree on the Grill-Go with an Original-Maybe the Black!
Agreed - I already switched back and am looking into getting a regular black one, but the red looks great regardless

Raton Pass

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
You can not appreciate the Gladiators ride without driving the WW2’s version first. I inherited my Dad’s old deer camp Jeep. They are worlds apart. 👍

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
@Havoc_Six

To be honest there is so much you can do to personalize to be yours, the sky “pocketbook” is the limit.

For me there is nothing more fun then spending someone else’s money. 😂

Welcome and enjoy your Jeep, you have time.

Hooah!!!
You can not appreciate the Gladiators ride without driving the WW2’s version first. I inherited my Dad’s old deer camp Jeep. They are worlds apart. 👍
You are Lucky to have that Jeep!!

Sponsored

SmoothRegulator

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JT Overland Ecodiesel (EU spec)
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
From crawling all over this forum for the last two and a half years before I could finally order my own Gladiator two weeks ago, all I can say is that there are heaps of interesting debates and builds that truly helped me figure out what additional mods I would aim for once the truck finally arrives.
Went with a StingGrey Overland (not that there is much other choice here in the EU...) and I currently am checking back and forth on the „Show and tell“ and individual mods sections of this forum to get an idea, what the lift/wheel/bumper etc combination I can afford might look like and handle on the vehicle.
The one blessing of joining the club late, I guess.

Other than that, this is an awesome community with tons of knowledgeable folks.

And thank you for your service (even though I am not a US citizen, but respect goes a long way).

OP
OP
Havoc_Six

Havoc_Six

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
ALCON: For my 2020 Glad Rubi (JTR) I just ordered the new RSi SmartCap (South Africa) EVOa model with load bars. Scheduled install early March and will get color matched (Gator green) Line-X coating same time as cab tub and rocker panels. FYI: Price for topper, shipping and install was $3400 (add another $1400 for coating topper and Jeep same time). I looked at a multitude of bed racks and toppers. Really liked the Rebel Offroad rack with headache panel insert, but settled on a topper due to weather and sticky fingers (human, grizzly and/or tree branches) snatching gear out of the bed. Chose the EVOa because it has solid metal "gullwing" style side access panels and solid rear hatchback door in lieu of typical glass door and windows. Main advantage is the serious weight the SmartCap will take (770 lbs. static/350 lbs. dynamic off-road) plus easier to cut, drill and/or mount to it being steel rather than fiberglass. But after talking with factory reps and installer, first upgrade will be heavier duty gas struts for the gullwing panels (local rep can order). Factory says they can handle up to 15 pounds hanging from them before door will not stay open. My build will see upwards of 50-60 pounds of gear bolted onto the gullwings in combinations of MaxTrax recovery boards, Rotopax fuel containers, hi-lift jack, shovel, grab-n-go rucks and possible chain saw mount (for clearing deadfall from trails). Will post review once on and modified. And yes, with the load bars, the gullwing side panels should work just fine with enough clearance under a Roof Top Tent (RTT). We will see, as looking to install an ARB Simpson III RTT on top, oriented out the back, so I can access the tailgate from inside the Annex.

Great info! Are you a fellow combat engineer, by the way?

Bwitherel

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Great info! Are you a fellow combat engineer, by the way?
that is going to be a great setup. I ordered the RSi SmarCap Sport edition just yesterday. Likely 4 weeks before I receive it. The good news for you is that I saw that some distributors had the EVOa in stock so you may get yours a lot sooner. My JTR already has the Linex and Bedrug installed and the cap will finish it perfectly for the way I use it. By far, the RSi EVO is the best looking cap on the market.

Retired

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Hi Ian! Yes, thank you for your service. I'm a vet as well. Have you thought about a rack up on top? I got a Smittybilt. Works well and looks good too. I'm also getting ready to install a duel ARB onboard air compressor under my back seat. You may want to air down a bit when you get out there in the sand/dirt. Yes, JEEP! Just empty every pocket!

OP
OP
Havoc_Six

Havoc_Six

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Hi Ian! Yes, thank you for your service. I'm a vet as well. Have you thought about a rack up on top? I got a Smittybilt. Works well and looks good too. I'm also getting ready to install a duel ARB onboard air compressor under my back seat. You may want to air down a bit when you get out there in the sand/dirt. Yes, JEEP! Just empty every pocket!
I'll check that rack out! Do you do any camping at all? Have been eyeing those rooftop tents lately
Sponsored