Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I don’t like mpg, it averaged 18 mpg on the highway at 80-90 mph. Speakers are peace of shit,

You'll be hard pressed to find any truck getting better than that (unless you go hybrid or diesel). I traded in a '17 GMC Canyon that was getting about the same MPGs... highway only I was able to get about 25, but mixed was the same.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jimmymer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Altitude, Ford Edge
You'll be hard pressed to find any truck getting better than that (unless you go hybrid or diesel). I traded in a '17 GMC Canyon that was getting about the same MPGs... highway only I was able to get about 25, but mixed was the same.
18 was on the highway, but
18 mpg is a highway mileage. But 80-90 mph takes toll on it. I think 60-70 mph will do close to 20 mpg. Its a brick, a very cool brick 😀

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
18 was on the highway, but

18 mpg is a highway mileage. But 80-90 mph takes toll on it. I think 60-70 mph will do close to 20 mpg. Its a brick, a very cool brick 😀
I`m not as heavy footed as you, but I go 5~10 over as a norm.
My MPG is right @ 20, and I am hot off the line.
When I put 33`s on, it will change but I`m fine with that as well.

Sponsored

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Hello
Picked up my Gladiator Altitude today and drove about 200 miles home. Never test drove the car before and i like it, kinda.
I thought it would be worse, I thought I would have to put more effort keeping it straight on the highway or it will be crazy loud, well, it’s loud enough above 70 mph, but not super loud, it was straight enough without any effort, smooth transmission and 3.6 is powerful for town and highway driving.
I don’t like mpg, it averaged 18 mpg on the highway at 80-90 mph. Speakers are peace of shit, Halogen Headlights a fog lights are really bad,
interior feels cheap, feels like sitting in a cooler. I know i will get used to it and I will upgrade the speakers, install headliner and LED’s, probably many more upgrades.
Tires are at 40-41 psi, is it ok or should I lower it a bit?
Is there any tips for a new jeepster?
Thank you.

FA01C8CF-5F58-4869-B4D3-827A050AE677.jpeg
I'm assuming you bought a used one, is that correct? If not you obviously paid zero attention to the break-in period :) :beer:

ScottDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I'm trying to wrap my head around this.... Why did you buy it? You just spent 50K+ and you didn't test drive it or get in it and check out the interior? You mentioned you had preconceived notions about the drive quality and you still bought it... just sayin'.

Jeeps are just different. Like no other vehicle. Yes, they have their shortcomings but the shear fun factor far outweighs them. At least in my opinion.

I've got some land you'd really like, it's an investment opportunity. No need to see it, believe me, it's amazing. :)

Eaglebob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
First time Jeep owner with my 2021 HA Glad. Test drove a couple, never looked back. I am down sizing wheels to get bigger tires but everything else is perfect for desert trails and limited crawling. I like the raw non Cadillac feel. If I wanted a Caddy, I would have bought one. And I only get 15, but usually am pulling a cargo trailer both loaded until I finishing moving.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jimmymer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Altitude, Ford Edge
I'm assuming you bought a used one, is that correct? If not you obviously paid zero attention to the break-in period :) :beer:
Its new and its a lease, if it has no issues at the lease end I will buy it.

MikeyK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
As much as I miss each one…they keep getting better

Jeep Gladiator New owner 903084D3-D245-4721-9E1A-1FBEE385B1DF

(Just found this old picture)