Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Got this today.

Jeep Gladiator New Windshield 0D6A8C58-3428-443C-B227-B579BFDB8548

It’s the Gorilla Glass windshield.
The bad news is the body shop needs the windshield out to properly repair the window frame, and they’re booked for 6 weeks, so I’ve got to wait to get it installed!
Nuts.

Kevin
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kevin_D

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many rock chips after an encounter with a cloud of pebbles during high winds. Gusts of over 100kph.

Kevin

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
So far so good with mine, not a scratch since having it installed beginning of Nov. The Gorilla isn't as fun as the Jeep, though.

OP
OP
Kevin_D

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Gorilla isn't as fun as the Jeep, though.
My second windshield had the Jeep logo on it (the little Jeep in the corner.) Turns out, it's a sticker! I'm going to transfer it over to this windshield.

Kevin

Sponsored

levesqueonline

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
My jeep is now 6 months old and finally got its first cracked windshield i heard so much about and was dreading.

Do we have anyone with experience with the gorilla glass? is it worth the premium yet? if you cant get 2-3 years out of it given its 2x more here in canada it will be hard to justify.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My jeep is now 6 months old and finally got its first cracked windshield i heard so much about and was dreading.

Do we have anyone with experience with the gorilla glass? is it worth the premium yet? if you cant get 2-3 years out of it given its 2x more here in canada it will be hard to justify.
About to replace my second windshield in a year in mine. I'm just going to let the insurance pay for it, $50 deductable and done. I'd like to do the gorilla glass but can't justify the cost personal when I can have another one done for $50. If you decide to go with the factory option one, make sure you tell them you want the one with the jeep willy's logo on it or they may get the cheaper aftermarket one that doesn't have it. My buddy learned the hard way and his doesn't have the logo anymore. I had to mention it when I had mine done last year or Progressive would of had them order the cheap one.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Don't feel bad. I got a small crack in mine less than a week after driving it off the lot! It was a rock kicked up by a big truck that passed me just about a mile after getting on the interstate for the first time.

It turns out I've got full repair/replacement with no deductible with my insurance so it wasn't a big deal. They repaired it first since it was small, and they told me they'd replace it any time for free if I wasn't satisfied. The repair is totally invisible to me.

Anyway it's for that reason I'm not going to pay extra for stronger glass.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Joined the club last week as well... small crack just outside my direct line of sight driver side so they won't repair it and currently fighting with my insurance for a factory replacement vs the cheapest aftermarket... once I have that starting point I'm going to try to see if I can cover the gap on the gorilla glass and give it a shot. Far too many rocks on the 60 here and I can hear myself getting pelted every time I drive it.
Sponsored