NEWBBUILD HYDRO-ONE

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Newb, thanks for providing this link to your build. More I check our your ride, the more I’m convinced this is the direction we will be heading in. Looking for a powder coating shop as we type. Thanks again. Rig looks great!

Sponsored

OP
OP
NEWBWHEELER

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Dang it’s been a minute since I’ve had anything to post about.

Today I installed a Warn VR Evo 10S winch. I used the new Grimm off-road Jeep steel bumper winch mounting plate. The reason I chose that winch mounting plate was strictly because of availability. However I have to say the fact that its a fare bit cheaper than the Warn one and like less than half the price of the Mopar one.

I guess I’ll start with the thing I like about the Grimm product. The fact that it was one piece was a huge plus, also that makes for a very light product compared with the Warn/Mopar varieties. I didn’t weight it but it couldn’t weigh much more than 10-15 lbs at best. I only measured a 1/4 inch sag so that gives you an idea of the weight savings! The install is pretty self explanatory and you reuse all the stock bolts so that was pretty nice. They even supply you with so loctite witch was nice.

The only negative I have with the Grimm product was that the fair lead bolt holes on the Grimm winch mount plate didn’t line up with the holes on the bumper. This will be a huge piss off for people that aren’t equipped or don’t have the skill to deal with it.

My install experience was so so. The paper instructions that came with the Grimm winch plate were pretty good. That coupled with the install video that Northridge 4x4 just posted on YouTube your pretty much covered. The one big piece of advice I’d give is if your going to route the wire according to the Northridge video MAKE SURE TO HAVE EXTRA FENDER TABS ON HAND. There are 11 tabs per fender and unless you take the time to remove the fender liner so that you can carefully pinch the backside of the clips so that they pop through without breaking, your going to probably break at least half of them. Unfortunately my local dealer only had 2 in stock and I ended up breaking 6 so I attached the fender back on 4 short.

TIP #2 DONT FORGET TO CLIP BACK IN YOUR LIGHT CONNECTION! Lol I forgot to re connect my light so tomorrow I have to un lip the fender and replug in my lights.

Outside of what I said it’s a pretty simple job you will need to buy a 18mm deep socket and a swivel attachment to get the bumper mount bolts back on.

Next up I’m going to install the Grimm off-road ARB Dual air compressor inner fender mount. I guess I’m going to take my own advice and order a bunch of fender clips before I go breaking a handful on the other side of the truck!

Jeep Gladiator NEWBBUILD HYDRO-ONE 6EE37FCF-0D39-4C10-986C-6CC4A7BE9895

Jeep Gladiator NEWBBUILD HYDRO-ONE 58FDF336-BD54-4BFE-83EB-A44417537AA9

Jeep Gladiator NEWBBUILD HYDRO-ONE D976501B-BAE3-4856-BDED-E9C28F74431C

OP
OP
NEWBWHEELER

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Yesterday I finally installed the ARB Dual air compressor with the Grimm off-road inner fender mount. I have to say that I am super pleased with both the compressor and the mounting kit.

The ARB compressor is no joke! I’ve worked in a machine shop for many years and have been around compressed airlines, this thing is a beast. Well worth the premium if you can afford IMO.

The Grimm off-road mount is also a fantastic kit! No surprises, everything went off without a hitch. Super clean install and looks great under the hood.

The only two tips I have is be sure to have ring terminals for the battery end of the connection. ARB Does not included them. Secondly and most importantly... DONT FORGET TO PLUG BACK IN YOUR FENDER WIRING HARNESS BEFORE YOU CLIP THE FENDER BACK ON!!! Two weekends in a row I forgot to do it...mother****er!

Unfortunately I totally forgot to take photos during the install so this is all I got.

10D4CB17-9956-4AD9-BD32-FB4F5C83DF18.jpeg

39678E86-9EDF-44BC-B650-BA157A576986.jpeg

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
Great job bud! Newb, but not new!

OP
OP
NEWBWHEELER

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Great job bud! Newb, but not new!
Haha! Thanks.

At least with these last two mods I feel like I wouldn’t be a burden on going out with other people.

My old system for airing up was 12 minutes a corner! I wouldn’t mind having to wait a bit for someone with a slower system but I’d hate to be that guy.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
with this bracket would there still be a way to route a line underneath to an air tank with the hood shut?

OP
OP
NEWBWHEELER

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
with this bracket would there still be a way to route a line underneath to an air tank with the hood shut?
Yes. but the power switch is mounted there as well. You have to connect it to an Aux switch if you wanted to avoid having to pop the hood.

I should have taken a picture of the compressor mounted before I closed everything because there is even a spot to mount a small air tank for lockers on the the Grimm mounting plate.

The 13:00 mark shows the locker manifold mount location.

OP
OP
NEWBWHEELER

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Well I’m not sure if any of you guys have heard of Vivid Lumen but they are a local company to me here in Kelowna BC and the make a pretty solid light. I picked up a set of amber fog lights today at a very reasonable $297.00 cnd. tax in compared to $550-$650 for the Baja design ones. I’ll install them this weekend and add more pics then.

Jeep Gladiator NEWBBUILD HYDRO-ONE C9B8E7CC-BE2D-4F23-940B-8E6AB1384F75

Jeep Gladiator NEWBBUILD HYDRO-ONE 2D8A590A-3000-4D5E-A0D4-E8924BFDE84F

CLxMojave

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Construction
How did you like the Vivid lights?

OP
OP
NEWBWHEELER

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Well I’m not sure if any of you guys have heard of Vivid Lumen but they are a local company to me here in Kelowna BC and the make a pretty solid light. I picked up a set of amber fog lights today at a very reasonable $297.00 cnd. tax in compared to $550-$650 for the Baja design ones. I’ll install them this weekend and add more pics then.

C9B8E7CC-BE2D-4F23-940B-8E6AB1384F75.jpeg

2D8A590A-3000-4D5E-A0D4-E8924BFDE84F.jpeg
I love them. One of them took on water because of a shitty valve. I called the and they gave me two new ones with the new designed valve.
Sponsored